+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How NOT to claim siblings points (to avoid documentation)

Pavan54

Sep 13, 2020
I was filling my Express Entry application and it asks if I have any siblings in Canada who are PR or citizens.
Even though I have siblings in Canada but I don't wish to claim points for it.
Should I answer it YES or NO?

-YES means I will have to provide additional documentation which I would like to avoid.
- NO means I will be providing false information.

I am not sure what should I do?

Thanks in advance to all who help me with their opinions :)
Did you get pr. Bro. I am also facing same problem please reply

Jojii

Star Member
Jun 13, 2012
NOC Code......
For everyone else who stumbles upon this thread looking the for the answer:

when submitting your application, choose, yes I have a sibling and add information about your sibling.
Write an LOE that you don't wish to claim points for siblings. In the same page, I also made a simple calculation, that I scored, for example 450 points, but minus 15 points because I don't wish to claim sibling points, my score is 435. And the cut off for the round is 434.
Then I made this LOE as PDF and uploaded it to where the sibling documents were to be attached. It was accepted and we faced no problems.

Reactions: ran12jan123

ran12jan123

Sep 18, 2021
For everyone else who stumbles upon this thread looking the for the answer:

when submitting your application, choose, yes I have a sibling and add information about your sibling.
Write an LOE that you don't wish to claim points for siblings. In the same page, I also made a simple calculation, that I scored, for example 450 points, but minus 15 points because I don't wish to claim sibling points, my score is 435. And the cut off for the round is 434.
Then I made this LOE as PDF and uploaded it to where the sibling documents were to be attached. It was accepted and we faced no problems.
Thank you the solution provided, There are various fields where it asks about sibling information did you attach same letter in each and every field.