+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How much time it takes to get Biometric Instruction Letter after Student Visa App. Submission?

gauravvns

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
Hi All,

I've submitted my student visa application on 18th Sept. As per CIC website, Biometric Instruction Letter should be issued within 24 hours of submitting the application but I haven't got till now.

My cousin got this letter next day of submitting his application. Should I be worried ?

How much is the maximum delay someone experienced in getting BIL after submission of application

ssakshay22

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Going through the same @gauravvns.

I too have applied for Non-SDS online student Visa on 18th September and still I have not received the Biometrics Collection Letter(BIL) notification. My friend who also applied on the same 18th got his on the same day. Hope we get by today end of day.

Please do let me know when you get yours. I too will update you here when I get mine.

Last edited:

gauravvns

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019

I too have applied for Non-SDS online student Visa on 18th September and still I have not received the Biometrics Collection Letter(BIL) notification. My friend who also applied on the same 18th got his on the same day. Hope we get by today end of day.

Please do let me know when you get yours. I too will update you here when I get mine.
Did you get submission confirmation mssg in your CIC login? Mine still showing confirmation of online application transmission

gauravvns

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019

And What’s your background check status. Mine says we are processing your background check. Strange how they started background check in the start of application?

Sep 20, 2019
Hi,
I have applied thru SDS ONLINE from India for Jan intake 2020 timeline is as follows :

Application applied on 11the sept
Biometrics instruction revived on : 12th sept
Biometrics given on : 13 sept And updated on CIC portal same day.

No update after that, any one under the same timeline ? Also how long does it take for any kind of an update? Please help