+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How much time does it takes to get a PPR after passing medical exam?

karanjangra

Jul 9, 2019
I submitted my application on 9th February. I have 3 years of experience from India and 1 year in Canada. I also have masters from India and did 1 year diploma course in Canada.
Following are my details:

Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
  • March 27, 2019 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
InterviewHelp - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

It's been exactly 5 months and I have not received my PPR. Can anyone please advise when can I expect the completion of the process or atleast PPR?

Gs98195

Jul 25, 2019
I submitted my application on 9th February. I have 3 years of experience from India and 1 year in Canada. I also have masters from India and did 1 year diploma course in Canada.
Following are my details:

When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

• We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

It's been exactly 5 months and I have not received my PPR. Can anyone please advise when can I expect the completion of the process or atleast PPR?
did you get your visa then ?

karanjangra

Jul 9, 2019
please update if you got your visa?
Not yet. It's been 8 months now. No update so far. In fact I submitted a request on 4th September and got a mail in which this was written:
"If you do not receive more information or a decision by October 4, 2019, we invite you to contact us again by using the IRCC Web form available on our website."
I waited till 7th October with no update and called CIC. The rep told me to "back off" and wait. They told me we will contact you and going forward my web form requests will not be entertained.

At the time of submission, I did not uploaded the RCMP report which I recently submitted by Web Form. I even submitted my Proof of Funds again. Apart from that all my documents are complete and verifiable.

Still do not know what the issue is. I appreciate the fact that CIC have to go through countless files. The reason I contacted them 3 times in 8 months is that my mother is alone and old in India. I want to call her on Super Visa and then get married. My life is stuck due to the delay in my PR.

If anyone can suggest something then I'll be obliged!!

fmomen01

Sep 5, 2018
Not yet. It's been 8 months now. No update so far. In fact I submitted a request on 4th September and got a mail in which this was written:
"If you do not receive more information or a decision by October 4, 2019, we invite you to contact us again by using the IRCC Web form available on our website."
I waited till 7th October with no update and called CIC. The rep told me to "back off" and wait. They told me we will contact you and going forward my web form requests will not be entertained.

At the time of submission, I did not uploaded the RCMP report which I recently submitted by Web Form. I even submitted my Proof of Funds again. Apart from that all my documents are complete and verifiable.

Still do not know what the issue is. I appreciate the fact that CIC have to go through countless files. The reason I contacted them 3 times in 8 months is that my mother is alone and old in India. I want to call her on Super Visa and then get married. My life is stuck due to the delay in my PR.

If anyone can suggest something then I'll be obliged!!
I can relate about life being kinda stuck because of this...it's sad and I don't know how to comfort you but sending you hugs and good wishes!

karanjangra

Jul 9, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I got an update today. They refused my application on one little mistake.

"Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) invited you to apply for permanent resident status based on the skilled work experience in Canada that you claimed in your Express Entry profile. In your Express Entry profile you indicated that you had acquired twelve (12) months of skilled Canadian work experience as NOC 2174 Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers. I have carefully and thoroughly reviewed and considered all information submitted with this application. Upon review, I am not satisfied that you have established on the balance of probabilities that you have acquired at least one year of Canadian work experience in NOC 2174 Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers, during which you performed the lead statement of your selected NOC. I am therefore not satisfied that you have established yourself as a member of the Canadian Experience Class pursuant to R87.1(2)."

I worked as an Admin. Officer in a Canadian logistical firm. The NOC code is 1221 - Administrative Officers. But by mistake in the Occupation Section:
"Primary occupation (4 digit NOC Code) (required) Help - Primary occupation (4 digit NOC Code)
This means the job Karan Jangra has experience in and wants to base the immigration application on. This is how we will determine your eligibility for federal programs. You will need to know the job title and the NOC for the primary occupation and for any other jobs you add, as well as for any job offer."

I wrote 2174 - Programmers as I thought it corresponds to my Indian work experience. I know it's my mistake but can anyone suggest me any solutions for this? Can I put a review request on this?

Thanks!

Gs98195

Jul 25, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I got an update today. They refused my application on one little mistake.

"Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) invited you to apply for permanent resident status based on the skilled work experience in Canada that you claimed in your Express Entry profile. In your Express Entry profile you indicated that you had acquired twelve (12) months of skilled Canadian work experience as NOC 2174 Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers. I have carefully and thoroughly reviewed and considered all information submitted with this application. Upon review, I am not satisfied that you have established on the balance of probabilities that you have acquired at least one year of Canadian work experience in NOC 2174 Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers, during which you performed the lead statement of your selected NOC. I am therefore not satisfied that you have established yourself as a member of the Canadian Experience Class pursuant to R87.1(2)."

I worked as an Admin. Officer in a Canadian logistical firm. The NOC code is 1221 - Administrative Officers. But by mistake in the Occupation Section:
"Primary occupation (4 digit NOC Code) (required) Help - Primary occupation (4 digit NOC Code)
This means the job Karan Jangra has experience in and wants to base the immigration application on. This is how we will determine your eligibility for federal programs. You will need to know the job title and the NOC for the primary occupation and for any other jobs you add, as well as for any job offer."

I wrote 2174 - Programmers as I thought it corresponds to my Indian work experience. I know it's my mistake but can anyone suggest me any solutions for this? Can I put a review request on this?

Thanks!
Strange

karanjangra

Jul 9, 2019
I recently noticed, the background check was cleared on 29th March. After that, the VO took 6 months and 21 days to refuse my application on the basis of a silly mistake without granting a chance to explain. Please check the details below. Can I request a review? What is the time limit to put a review in this case?

• October 21, 2019 We regret to inform you that you do not meet the eligibility requirements. Please see the final decision below.
  • March 29, 2019 Your background check was completed.
  • October 21, 2019 We regret to inform you that your application was refused. Check your messages below for details.