+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How much should I pay for the services of a lawyer?

gavendano

Star Member
Feb 11, 2016
Hi guys, I'm talking to a lawyer to get his services and make a refugee claim from within Canada.
What would be a fair rate for his services?

The case is as follows (obviously no details), Family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids) wanting to make a refugee claim in Canada. We do not speak english (meaning that we need a lawyer that speak our language) and the complexity might be in the fact that I served in the army of my country of origin.

We would be landing in Calgary.

Thanks for your answers!

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Impossible question to answer!

Here in Canada lawyers are free to fix their rates, and adjust them as they see fit.

Your case sounds quite complex. Expect to pay top dollar, be pleasantly surprised if you don't ;). Make sure you find a lawyer who specializes in refugee cases, look her/him up with the relevant bar association, and his/her relevant previous cases on Canlii.org

alpha2012tr

Star Member
Sep 18, 2016
Apply for LegalAid... search in google and get their contact number. If you dont have enough budget, you can have free of charge for a lawyer. Lawyer must have LegailAid aggrement. Not every lawyer works with LegalAid. Make sure to pick right candidate... On the other hand, for refugee cases, I have heard from 2000 cad to all the way 10K cad for a lawyer service fee... Completely depence on their market.... So you better apply for Legal Aid..... but, if you bring too much in Canada, you would not be qualified for LegalAid.