20-11-2010
File Transfer...
03-02-2010
Passport Req..
21-03-2011
LANDED..........
25-04-2011
Hi all,

I am wondering, on average, how much notice before your citizenship ceremony you had? When I took the test at the end of May, they told me that my ceremony would likely be mid-august.

I have a vacation planned around the same time, planned it in January. When I planned it, I thought that I would have citizenship long before now, that I was safe to plan for August. Now I am worried that the ceremony is going to conflict with my plans, which would be very bad for me. I have been waiting and waiting for a date but nothing has come!

Related, if I need to reschedule my ceremony, is it a nightmare to do? Will I have to wait months and months again?

Any thoughts? Thanks in advanced!

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
I would immediately send them your vacation plans via web form. It says if you are going abroad for more than two weeks you should let them know. This way at least you have proof that you have informed them should you have to reschedule your oath taking.

Also keep in mind: if you take the oath they take away you permanent resident card and it will take at least a couple of days for your passport to arrive. (If you ask for rapid processing)

I have informed them of my holiday plans and so far it has worked for me when it came to my test invitation.
Stef.

Iamrobot85

Aug 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2010
File Transfer...
03-02-2010
Passport Req..
21-03-2011
LANDED..........
25-04-2011
I would immediately send them your vacation plans via web form. It says if you are going abroad for more than two weeks you should let them know. This way at least you have proof that you have informed them should you have to reschedule your oath taking.

Also keep in mind: if you take the oath they take away you permanent resident card and it will take at least a couple of days for your passport to arrive. (If you ask for rapid processing)

I have informed them of my holiday plans and so far it has worked for me when it came to my test invitation.
Stef.
I am not going abroad and I am not going to be gone for two weeks, only a week and a day or two, I am just worried that the citizenship ceremony is going to be scheduled smack in the middle of my plans.

Siar

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
No one can predict exactly how long one must wait for nor when one will take oath.

I guess they send oath invite with a notice of at least one weak. So just chill and wait and see. if that happens to you, you will have to postpone or cancel your travel (if there is no major consequences).

GZB-Victoria

Dec 9, 2016
Hello just to let you know I pass my test on 30th June 2017 here in victoria.at the time of my interview officer told me I will get my oath latter in mail by end of July they have two oath ceremony scheduled for victoria first one in middle of August which is next month and second one end of October 2017.
I am hoping if I don't get oath latter for August I will get for October definitely.i think you should wait till first week off August.

GZB-Victoria

Dec 9, 2016
Hi all,

I am wondering, on average, how much notice before your citizenship ceremony you had? When I took the test at the end of May, they told me that my ceremony would likely be mid-august.

I have a vacation planned around the same time, planned it in January. When I planned it, I thought that I would have citizenship long before now, that I was safe to plan for August. Now I am worried that the ceremony is going to conflict with my plans, which would be very bad for me. I have been waiting and waiting for a date but nothing has come!

Related, if I need to reschedule my ceremony, is it a nightmare to do? Will I have to wait months and months again?Any thoughts? Thanks in advanced!
Hello just to let you know I got oath latter in mail yesterday 20th July for taking oath on 16th August 2017 in Victoria BC, hope you get your oath invitation soon and good luck.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
You can always keep checking eCAS online status. When oath is sent, there should be update in eCAS about it.
Then return earlier if necessary, otherwise enjoy. Also let someone check your mail daily and let u know if there is letter from CIC

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
As little as five days notice in one case I am familiar with...Oh, and they are apt to send the notice to your "home address" instead of your "mailing address," which in the case of a rural address with no home delivery means you'll never get it. So check ECAS regularly.

Iamrobot85

Aug 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2010
File Transfer...
03-02-2010
Passport Req..
21-03-2011
LANDED..........
25-04-2011
Hello Victorian
Any news anyone also get oath invitation for coming citizenship ceremony on August 16th????????
I didn't get an oath invitation, did you??