+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How much money would be required in INR to cover all expenses in Canada after ITA?

rohitgarg88

Jun 7, 2017
India
Hi Forum Users,

Can anyone guide me through the financial planning required to be done before travelling to Canada.

Here is my situation:
1. I am from India (family of 2).
2. Likely to get ITA next month based on the CRS score I have and current number of applications in the pool.
3. ECA completed for me as well as for my wife.
4. My savings projection by the end of December 2017: around 5.5 lakhs in INR.

My doubts:
1. I am planning for a short landing initially. Assuming ITA comes next month, i upload all documents by August end and CIC takes 6 months to process my application, I should be having COPR by February 2018. Now within what time interval do i need to make my first landing along with family?
2. Do I need to stay for 2 months in Canada to get the PR card? Is there a possibility I can travel back to India within 2 weeks and ask authorities there to post the PR card to my India address?
3. Now i know that after ITA,once you upload your documents, you need to show proof of funds as well. For family of two, it should be around 8 lakhs. (I will manage temporary funds from family for the time being to show POF). Do I need to show POF at the time of landing as well because there are high chances that I may not have 8 lakhs in my savings at that time.
4. Can someone walk me through the initial cost of living (for first 2 months) in Canada excluding Visa fees and Airfare. I am basically looking details around accommodation, transportation, meals, special clothing for winters.
5. How about miscellaneous or unplanned expenses like Healthcare plan etc which we are generally unaware of?
6. Is it advisable to seek help from Immigration consultants (not sure if I am using the right term) in Canada for settling process. How much would they charge?
7. I am from IT, Software testing background, more than 6 years of work experience, how easy it would be for me to find a suitable job for myself in first 2 months?
8. Is it advisable to travel with only 5.5 lakhs in savings with no contingency plan? From this exclude around 3.25 lakhs which would be required for Visa and return Airfare for 2.

Would really appreciate your inputs in this regard.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'll help with two questions:

- You must be able to show POF at landing to cover all of your family members included in the application.
- CIC will only send the PR card to an address in Canada. They will not send the cards outside of the country.