+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How Much GOLD Jewelries are allowed into Canada?

kiwiblair

Feb 2, 2016
NEW ZEALAND
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2016
AOR Received.
25-04-2016
Med's Done....
up front
Passport Req..
29-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
11-01-2017
who are all you people ? .... you have so much gold you have to ask about allowed quantity , .... i love the person who wrote "im from india so naturally i have gold " .... what does that even mean ? .....i would hate to imagine what i would add to , " im from New Zealand so naturally i have .........."
loving some of the questions on this forum !!!

Reactions: mqamar1994

raj_bond

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
kiwiblair said:
who are all you people ? .... you have so much gold you have to ask about allowed quantity , .... i love the person who wrote "im from india so naturally i have gold " .... what does that even mean ? .....i would hate to imagine what i would add to , " im from New Zealand so naturally i have .........."
When, a couple (Specially middle class) got married in India and Bangladesh, all of the family members (mainly parents) and uncle, aunt (father & mother side both), close relatives, cousins, elder brother and sister bless the couple with a gold ornaments. This is a kind of ritual and social norm. As a result, a newly wed couple has minimum 2-30 vori (1 Vori = 11.3 grams) gold as ornaments. Some people have lot more than that amount. Most of the time, these gold remains idle as ornaments. :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
kiwiblair said:
Out of curiosity, were you serious in asking this or just kidding around?

IMO the answer to this question is extremely common knowledge...

Cookie_12

Jun 14, 2018
If anyone coming to Canada on Work permit with family. Can they bring their personal gold jewellery to Canada by declaring it with customs.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
If anyone coming to Canada on Work permit with family. Can they bring their personal gold jewellery to Canada by declaring it with customs.
You may want to try asking this question at the foreign worker section.
It may be viewed as temporary importing the jewelry into canada. You may need to pay duty and get a refund or fill in document to proof that you bring them home after the temporary import. But I don't really know.

Check with other foreign workers.

hoorain99

Jun 14, 2018
Hey friend I have questions if a person want to land first time in Canada. Can he land alone without his sponsor.
In my case I have to land before My expiration of PR visa. my sponsor will not here in Canada to receive me. Because he went back his home country to sort out some family issues.
If I land alone. Is it normal?? Or it can cause problem for me at the entry port of Canada

Please guide me. I’m waiting

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You’ve created a big issue for yourself. You should have declared the jewelry when you first arrived as a PR. Assume you have already received your PR.

erikaferns

Dec 26, 2018
Hi,
Is this valid on a 2nd travel as well??
I did my soft landing over a year ago and since I did not have pics had to let it pass.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks!