+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How much gap is ok between jobs for Continuous Work Experience for FSW Express Entry?

waytopr

Feb 12, 2020
I have 2.3 years exp -> masters -> 1.8 to current yrs
so would my total work experience will be counted as over 3 years?

sri_12

Feb 23, 2020
No. You have to understand that you only need a year of continuous work experience, after achieving this even if you have gaps between jobs you can still add up all of this work experience to claim (in your case) 3 years of work experience.Your 5 day gap is irrelevant.

Whether you have exactly 3 years of work experience, 3.1, 3.5, etc, it is all the same, you'll be getting points for 3 years of work experience.

@DelPiero07 @noscaf2014

I have a total work experience of 4.6 years all in NOC A. The first 1.9 years are in 1122 job type and I had a 4 month gap , post which I have had the 2.8 years of experience in 1123 band.

But in the express entry profile creation they have asked “foreign skilled continuous experience in past 10 years” the keyword being continuous. Here I could only mention 2-3 years I have a gap of 4 months in between.

My question to you is:
1. Can I go ahead and state 3 years or more in the express profile?? Will I be disqualified later if they do find out about the gap?
2. I have a 5 day gap in my final experience as I changed companies on the same role, do these count?

babsin02

Jun 3, 2019
LANDED..........
11-05-2023
Hi guys. I Have a question. I've been working for 7 months in my current job. If get another job next month (same NOC by the way), does it count as continuous experience or do I have to work in a particular place for a year?

Reactions: waytopr

waytopr

Feb 12, 2020
Hi guys. I Have a question. I've been working for 7 months in my current job. If get another job next month (same NOC by the way), does it count as continuous experience or do I have to work in a particular place for a year?
You have to work for a year

raj90

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
Does vacation time of about 45 days (while doing the same job) is counted as gap? or it can be continuous work?

ronakumar97

May 9, 2020
Hello Experts,

I have one question related to gap in my employment.

I have 7 months in Company A
Gap of 45 days as I was looking for job in my own state
Company B - 2 months and still working now there

How will I be evaluated and can you tell my total months/year of work experience ?

I will be applying for FSW program with provincial nomination in Canada when I complete my 2 years of Work Ex in India.

Thanks

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hello Experts,

I have one question related to gap in my employment.

I have 7 months in Company A
Gap of 45 days as I was looking for job in my own state
Company B - 2 months and still working now there

How will I be evaluated and can you tell my total months/year of work experience ?

I will be applying for FSW program with provincial nomination in Canada when I complete my 2 years of Work Ex in India.

Thanks
Looks like you don't even have 1 full year of work experience going by this information. And you also have a big gap in between. If it was a couple of days, it may have worked (possibly, not sure) but a 45 day gap is pretty big.

ronakumar97

May 9, 2020
Looks like you don't even have 1 full year of work experience going by this information. And you also have a big gap in between. If it was a couple of days, it may have worked (possibly, not sure) but a 45 day gap is pretty big.
Ok. But the FSW program says you need to have 1 year of continuous work experience. I can show my Company B experience whenever I finish 1 year here. Right?. Also can I show my 7 months anywhere else since anyways it should be counted as non continuous work ex

matt2232

Nov 2, 2020
hi, so for the continuous work experience, if i leave the job in 10 months on a friday,and join another job in same NOC on the next Monday, i.e. Saturday and Sunday not included, will that be counted as a gap and render me ineligible?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
hi, so for the continuous work experience, if i leave the job in 10 months on a friday,and join another job in same NOC on the next Monday, i.e. Saturday and Sunday not included, will that be counted as a gap and render me ineligible?
That is an interesting case but in this case there is no gap. Had you started on Tuesday, instead of Monday then technically you would have a gap of 1 day. If ending on Friday and starting on Monday then that seems fine.

matt2232

Nov 2, 2020
That is an interesting case but in this case there is no gap. Had you started on Tuesday, instead of Monday then technically you would have a gap of 1 day. If ending on Friday and starting on Monday then that seems fine.
so should I mention this on the LOE?

Pal92

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Hi,
Does the gap of 7,8 days in between jobs makes me ineligible for claiming continuous work experience points?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
Does the gap of 7,8 days in between jobs makes me ineligible for claiming continuous work experience points?
Depends on how it is reviewed as continuous means no breaks except end of Friday, start on Monday. As long as it is the same NOC, you may get away with it.