+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How much gap is ok between jobs for Continuous Work Experience for FSW Express Entry?

SMz

Apr 29, 2018
If you create a profile without meeting the year of continuous full-time work experience then your profile will automatically be deemed ineligible. That is, your profile won't be in the pool.

Basically work experience is:
TAship in the same Canadian university for the following periods
Jan 2015-Apr 2016
Aug 2016-Oct 2017
average weekly hours: 13 approx
Total hours: 1600 approx

Would the break from May-Jul 16 affect eligibility? Is it okay to create a profile with continuous work experience and on receiving ITA, submit a letter of explanation regarding the break?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Basically work experience is:
TAship in the same Canadian university for the following periods
Jan 2015-Apr 2016
Aug 2016-Oct 2017
average weekly hours: 13 approx
Total hours: 1600 approx

Would the break from May-Jul 16 affect eligibility? Is it okay to create a profile with continuous work experience and on receiving ITA, submit a letter of explanation regarding the break?
Unless you're a CEC applicant the break in continuity will affect your eligibility. I do not have enough information to answer your other question.

SMz

Apr 29, 2018
Unless you're a CEC applicant the break in continuity will affect your eligibility. I do not have enough information to answer your other question.
Oh no! Do you know if TAship experience counts as work experience in CEC?

Rahulraj111

Star Member
May 30, 2017
@DelPiero07, I have been working in same company with yearly contracts basis for five consecutive contracts. But each contract has six calender days gap in between as it is the policy of the company. So am I eligible for ee??

Rubsi

Aug 16, 2018
I know a few people who have succeeded in getting PR with gaps. Well, bulletin is expired ( archived and will not be updated). I have gone through all bulletins from 2006 to 2018. There is no further modification in law.

Adorable89

Aug 17, 2018
Good day all. I started working March 2018 but my appointment letter is dated 8th January, 2018. My payslips also state March 19th as the date of appointment rather than January because that was when I started getting paid. Which one of the dates should I use when filling my Express entry form since I'm not submitting a reference letter for this job?

2. Should I enter the pool in January or March to avoid being banned for misrepresentation?

Rubsi

Aug 16, 2018
Good day all. I started working March 2018 but my appointment letter is dated 8th January, 2018. My payslips also state March 19th as the date of appointment rather than January because that was when I started getting paid. Which one of the dates should I use when filling my Express entry form since I'm not submitting a reference letter for this job?

2. Should I enter the pool in January or March to avoid being banned for misrepresentation?