+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How much funds to show

Nimma78

May 20, 2017
Hi
I am applying for TRV on 5th july alongwith my wife. My brother is inviting us as he has a house warming party. I need clarifications on some points
1. How much funds i need to show
2. Should i also apply for my children' visa. (Son 12yrs n daughter 10yrs).
3. My wife has already visited canada once in 2014, so will it increase our chances of getting visa?
4. I m from india n currently is in Govt job while my wife is homemaker. I have taken a 20days leave from my job. Do govt employees get visa easily?
5. Do i need to get all my documents notarized?
6. Should i apply online or offline?

Thanx.

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

1. How much funds i need to show
Whatever you and/or your wife has earned.... not borrowed from anyone.... it must match your ITRs.

Funds can be in the form of bank balance + FDs (if not locked in) + rental income + dividends from shares/stocks + pension + cash if earned through legit sources, etc

2. Should i also apply for my children' visa. (Son 12yrs n daughter 10yrs).
IMO, no. Do not apply for your children so you can show your children as a reason to return to India.

3. My wife has already visited canada once in 2014, so will it increase our chances of getting visa?
It would help. However, each visa application is evaluated for it's own merits.

Her chances of approval would depend on her current personal and professional situation + her previous visit to Canada + intended purpose of visit, etc etc

4. I m from india n currently is in Govt job while my wife is homemaker. I have taken a 20days leave from my job. Do govt employees get visa easily?
There's no black-and-white answer to this one. It depends on your job title, your seniority/responsibilities in the government department, etc

5. Do i need to get all my documents notarized?
No

6. Should i apply online or offline?
Your personal preference.

Do note that visiting to celebrate birthdays, new house celebrations, etc are generally not considered as strong purposes of visit. This means chances of approval are low

Cheers

Reactions: Nimma78

Nimma78

May 20, 2017
Hi,

Whatever you and/or your wife has earned.... not borrowed from anyone.... it must match your ITRs.

Funds can be in the form of bank balance + FDs (if not locked in) + rental income + dividends from shares/stocks + pension + cash if earned through legit sources, etc

IMO, no. Do not apply for your children so you can show your children as a reason to return to India.

It would help. However, each visa application is evaluated for it's own merits.

Her chances of approval would depend on her current personal and professional situation + her previous visit to Canada + intended purpose of visit, etc etc

There's no black-and-white answer to this one. It depends on your job title, your seniority/responsibilities in the government department, etc

No

Your personal preference.

Do note that visiting to celebrate birthdays, new house celebrations, etc are generally not considered as strong purposes of visit. This means chances of approval are low

Cheers

Thanx Bryanna

Then pl let me know what purpose of visit should i mention. My wife' mother, brother n sister in law are also canadian citizens. So can i mention family visit as purpose of visit.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yes, it is a family visit.

I suggest you prepare a day-by-day itinerary for sightseeing, meeting family/friends, activities with expense estimates. You can include the house celebrations as part of this itinerary, but do not state this as the sole purpose of your visit

Nimma78

May 20, 2017
Yes, it is a family visit.

I suggest you prepare a day-by-day itinerary for sightseeing, meeting family/friends, activities with expense estimates. You can include the house celebrations as part of this itinerary, but do not state this as the sole purpose of your visit
Do i also need to take travel insura

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Overseas travel medical insurance is an excellent idea. It should cover your flight dates + visit. Refundable policies are available which allow for date change.

You may buy a policy from an insurance company which has a global presence/which operate in the Americas.

You may want to post the complete list of documents which you intend to submit for better advice

Nimma78

May 20, 2017
Overseas travel medical insurance is an excellent idea. It should cover your flight dates + visit. Refundable policies are available which allow for date change.

You may buy a policy from an insurance company which has a global presence/which operate in the Americas.

You may want to post the complete list of documents which you intend to submit for better advice
Thanx Bryanna
i am planning to submit following documents
1. Invitation letter from my brother-in-law (Wife' Brother) and his wife, both are working and paying their taxes
2. Bank Statements of both of them
3. Tax Statements of both of them
4. Passports
5 Covering letter with detail tour Itinerary and application forms
6. NOC from my office stating leave of 20 days only
7. ITR of last 3 years (paid Approx. INR 85000 tax/year)
8. Bank saving statements (6 months) and FD statements of INR 100,0000/- (CAD 20,000)
9. Mutual Fund Statements of INR 500,000/- (CAD 10,000)
10. PPF and GPF statements of INR 150,0000/- (CAD 30,000)
11. Insurance Policies Surrender values of INR 500,000 (CAD 10,000)
12. Travel Insurance of cover value CAD 100,000 for both.
13. Plots and agriculture land value of CAD 300,000/- (Assessor' report)
14. Credit Cards (3 Nos) statements of Last 4 months
15. Salary Slips of last 4 months.
16. CA Report

Please tell me anything else i should attach other than above documents?
out of all above documents which documents i need to get notarized as i am submitting the scanned copies of some of the documents?
thanx in advace

Nimma78

May 20, 2017
One more thing, as my wife visited canada in 2014 should we apply her application under Can+ program or both of us apply togather?

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
One more thing, as my wife visited canada in 2014 should we apply her application under Can+ program or both of us apply togather?
Only your wife is eligible for CAN+. She must specifically request processing under CAN+ in the cover letter.

If you apply as a paper application, VFS staff will mark the application for CAN+

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I suggest you must also include:
6. NOC from my office stating leave of 20 days only
Your employment letter + 6 months' bank statement of the account to which your salary is credited

8. Bank saving statements (6 months)
Bank balance must match your income/ITRs. Do include an explanation for any large deposits.

and FD statements of INR 100,0000/- (CAD 20,000)
Interest certificates from the bank + a letter from the bank stating that no loans/overdrafts have been taken against these FDs and they can be liquidated if required (i.e. not cumulative interest type FDs)

10. PPF and GPF statements of INR 150,0000/- (CAD 30,000)
If PPF has crossed the 6 years lock-in period then you can include the amount that can be withdrawn to the funds available for your visit. You do not have to actually withdraw the PPF amount

13. Plots and agriculture land value of CAD 300,000/- (Assessor' report)
Property ownership documents + latest property tax receipts + Form J (if it earns agricultural income) + any excerpts of realty reports or property portal pages for the indicative market rates to back the CA/assessor's valuation

16. CA Report
All supporting evidence is necessary. Not just the CA/Net Worth Certificate.

Also:
1. Birth certificates/passport copies of your children + school admission proofs + an explanation that they will be staying with XX relative when you're visiting

2. Copies of your hosts' passports

3. Any professional or personal commitment for which you must return to India by a specific date, with evidence

Nimma78

May 20, 2017
I suggest you must also include:

Your employment letter + 6 months' bank statement of the account to which your salary is credited

Bank balance must match your income/ITRs. Do include an explanation for any large deposits.

Interest certificates from the bank + a letter from the bank stating that no loans/overdrafts have been taken against these FDs and they can be liquidated if required (i.e. not cumulative interest type FDs)

If PPF has crossed the 6 years lock-in period then you can include the amount that can be withdrawn to the funds available for your visit. You do not have to actually withdraw the PPF amount

Property ownership documents + latest property tax receipts + Form J (if it earns agricultural income) + any excerpts of realty reports or property portal pages for the indicative market rates to back the CA/assessor's valuation

All supporting evidence is necessary. Not just the CA/Net Worth Certificate.

Also:
1. Birth certificates/passport copies of your children + school admission proofs + an explanation that they will be staying with XX relative when you're visiting

2. Copies of your hosts' passports

3. Any professional or personal commitment for which you must return to India by a specific date, with evidence
Thanx
I will definitely keep these points in mind
As i am in Govt Job, i think salary slips, GPF statements, NOC, copy of I card n bank statement of salary account is available but employment letter is not possible as Govt departments do not issue these.
I wll leave my children with my sister n planning to submit an undertaking that she will look after my children as my parents are no more in this world.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
As i am in Govt Job, i think salary slips, GPF statements, NOC, copy of I card n bank statement of salary account is available but employment letter is not possible as Govt departments do not issue these.
No, the appointment letter when you started your employment

I wll leave my children with my sister n planning to submit an undertaking that she will look after my children as my parents are no more in this world.
You can prepare a Temporary Guardianship letter addressed to your sister allowing her to take care of your children temporarily. The dates should match your intended visit dates.

This is not an affidavit, but on plain paper. You can Google for suitable, simple formats.

A few more suggestions:
1. Include any government benefits that you get. For example, free/subsidized housing, vehicle, health benefits, etc

2. Include any work related reasons to return to. For example, promotion due, pension benefits, etc

3. Do you own property like an apartment or a house? Then similar evidence what I had suggested for the plots/agriculture land

Also do prepare separate cover letters for yourself and your wife:
Host-1 details + Host-2 details + Applicant-1 details + Applicant-2 details + Your strong ties to India (employment + property ownership + family ties i.e. your children + government benefits) + Purpose and duration of your visit (give a broad outline of your sightseeing plans + house celebrations. Cross refer to the detailed day-by-day itinerary with expense estimates) + Finances available for your visit + Why you must return to India by XX date.

Point format, short facts. No long sentences. Must be easy to read quickly.

Give evidence numbers to evidence. Cross refer evidence in the cover letter.

Do submit paper applications through VFS. Not online applications

Nimma78

May 20, 2017
No, the appointment letter when you started your employment

You can prepare a Temporary Guardianship letter addressed to your sister allowing her to take care of your children temporarily. The dates should match your intended visit dates.

This is not an affidavit, but on plain paper. You can Google for suitable, simple formats.

A few more suggestions:
1. Include any government benefits that you get. For example, free/subsidized housing, vehicle, health benefits, etc

2. Include any work related reasons to return to. For example, promotion due, pension benefits, etc

3. Do you own property like an apartment or a house? Then similar evidence what I had suggested for the plots/agriculture land

Also do prepare separate cover letters for yourself and your wife:
Host-1 details + Host-2 details + Applicant-1 details + Applicant-2 details + Your strong ties to India (employment + property ownership + family ties i.e. your children + government benefits) + Purpose and duration of your visit (give a broad outline of your sightseeing plans + house celebrations. Cross refer to the detailed day-by-day itinerary with expense estimates) + Finances available for your visit + Why you must return to India by XX date.

Point format, short facts. No long sentences. Must be easy to read quickly.

Give evidence numbers to evidence. Cross refer evidence in the cover letter.

Do submit paper applications through VFS. Not online applications
Ya, i have a house also n evaluation report of the same has been prepared from assessor. Property tax receipts of this housea are also available with me.
One more thing, i applied for FSW immigration in 2004 but due to changes in rules i withdrawn my application in 2011. Wil that have any negative effect on visa application.
I have also taken IELTs test n scored 8.0 band. Should i attached copy of this or not?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Ya, i have a house also n evaluation report of the same has been prepared from assessor. Property tax receipts of this housea are also available with me.
You must also include the property ownership documents + supporting documents for the current market valuation.

All documents must be in English or translated into English by a certified translator.

One more thing, i applied for FSW immigration in 2004 but due to changes in rules i withdrawn my application in 2011. Wil that have any negative effect on visa application.
No, it will not impact your current TRV as you withdrew your FSW application more than 6 years ago.

I have also taken IELTs test n scored 8.0 band. Should i attached copy of this or not?
A big no to this. It serves no purpose for a TRV. In fact, it will indicate that you intend to move to Canada