+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How much foreign work experience to submit in EE?

mailman234

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Hello,

I'm eligible for CEC in one week and I was wondering how much foreign work experience should I enter in my EE profile to claim for points? I know that your points max out for three years of foreign work experience.

I had 5 jobs in Australia and I have the following documentation:
  • 2 official company reference letters on company letterheads signed by my manager or head of HR. I also have contracts, pay stubs, samples of my work published online (these add up to 6 years of work experience)
  • 2 non-official letters NOT on company letterhead from my former manager (I can't get in touch with their HR/directors and the companies were acquired or went bankrupt.). I have evidence in the form of contracts, samples of my work which are published online, evidence on LinkedIn that those managers worked with me. I don't have paystubs as these jobs go 7+ years back and banks don't keep pay records beyond that (these add up to 4 years). HOWEVER, I do have records of pension payments from both these companies in my superannuation fund.
The final one is also an official one but I finished 11 months so I guess no point?

Should I submit it all, or keep it simple and only do the official company reference letters? It sounds like they're relentless at rejecting applications if they don't believe you can do the job, so I was thinking if I submit it all with a lot of evidence, that IRCC will appreciate the effort and believe me (just a thought).

Cheers,

Last edited: