+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How much Application Fee

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

How much fee is to be sent alongwith application under FSW 1? Is it for each family member (included in the application form) or only for the Principal Applicant (CAN$ 550)?

Thanks...

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

charninder said:
Hi,

How much fee is to be sent alongwith application under FSW 1? Is it for each family member (included in the application form) or only for the Principal Applicant (CAN$ 550)?

Thanks...
$550 for principal and spouse, $150 for dependent children.

PMM

jawadahmad77

Star Member
Jan 27, 2009
PMM,

What if my wife and kid is not coming with me at the moment? Should i write 1 in box they asked in form that how many members are including you are in this application?

Is that box which will decide i need to pay 550$ or more? Means if i write there 3, i need to pay for them all. If i write 1, i will just pay my fees?

And what should i write in that box if later on i want them to come with me. Confusion.

Please guide. Actually i just wana pay 550 at the moment, later on i want my family to come with me, if my case is Ok.

Hope you got my point.

Regards,

Jawad...

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

charninder said:
Hi,

Thanks...
$550 for principal and spouse, $150 for dependent children.

PMM
Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply to my query. It means for two adults and two dependents I have to send CAN$ 1400 right now alongwith the application, right?

Thanks...

john5655

Jan 25, 2009
Charninder

yes, $1,400 for family of four

Jawad

if only you apply, then you pay $550, BUT, you still have to show proof of funds for all your dependents, even if they do not accompany you

PLUS, if you later decide to sponsor your family to go to Canada as PR, you will have to prove significant income or wealth to qualify, check out the family sponsorship details at CIC website

PLUS, whilst you are living in Canada as PR your family may have great difficulty getting a visitors visa to visit you in Canada

all in all, not worth the effort to save a few dollars now

jawadahmad77

Star Member
Jan 27, 2009
John,

Logically if they are not coming with me, will they still ask for funds? knowing they are not coming with me?

Its not that i wanna save some amount. Its what if i am successful and my still don't wanna come with me? If they give me a time and i wont take my family in that time with me, that can also be a minus point as they will be also PR and not coming with me.

In this case, i should put 1 in that form and check on they are not coming with me.

Right?

Regards,

Jawad...

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
I believe if your answer to the question "how many people are included" is 3, then you need to pay for all (1250 CAD). Then on the other item it asks you if your dependents will accompany you. Remember that if you do not list your dependents NOW, you can never sponser them later.
My suggestion: write 3, pay 1250 and say your dependents will accompany you. What is the worst (or the best?) that can happen? If you are qualified, they will get PR as well. If they decide not to go with you, they will have between 6 and 9 months to enter Canada. Even if that is short, they can just come once and return immediately. Not a big deal I guess.

jawadahmad77

Star Member
Jan 27, 2009
How come i can never sponsor them if i will write their name already there?

I mean, i will surely mention their names over there, will just put check on option that they are not accompanying me. It is very simple thing if i am PR, for sure i can apply for them later in future.

They wrote in guide as below.

You must list all family members, whether they wish to be considered in your application for Permanent Residence at this time or not. Also list family members whose location is unknown (including those missing or presumed dead). You will not be able to sponsor family members at a later date if they are not listed on your application. (MEANS IF THEY ARE NOT COMING WITH ME I STILL CAN APPLY FOR THEM, I CAN NOT APPLY FOR THEM IF I DONT LIST THEM)

What do you think about this?

Regards,

Jawad...

john5655

Jan 25, 2009
jawad

yes, you can do this by saying your dependents are not accompanying you, but they must undergo medicals and police checks in order for you to sponsor them later, much later, as this is a long process, plus, as I said you have to pass another set of criteria

read my earlier post about what this all means to you

only you can decide what is the best way forward, my friend

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
john5655 said:
jawad

yes, you can do this by saying your dependents are not accompanying you, but they must undergo medicals and police checks in order for you to sponsor them later, much later, as this is a long process, plus, as I said you have to pass another set of criteria

read my earlier post about what this all means to you

only you can decide what is the best way forward, my friend
Hi Jawad,

I think wpc71 is right and this is a good option for you to avoid future troubles, if you get PR. Don't be confused, just go ahead.

cheers...