+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How might i delay my own PR decision?

DreamMagii

Jul 11, 2012
Background; I have an IEC working holiday program visa til March 2014, and i have applied for Perm Res under the Canadian Experience Classification. In a few months i will apply for a Bridging Visa to allow me continued legal status to work in Canada until a decision is reached on my PR.
My question; Is there a way i can delay the processing of my current PR decision, to give me enough time to accrue 12 months of living with my partner to allow for a secondary PR application under commonlaw grounds? How can i strategise to help get me the 12 months? Could this damage my chances?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
DreamMagii said:
Background; I have an IEC working holiday program visa til March 2014, and i have applied for Perm Res under the Canadian Experience Classification. In a few months i will apply for a Bridging Visa to allow me continued legal status to work in Canada until a decision is reached on my PR.
My question; Is there a way i can delay the processing of my current PR decision, to give me enough time to accrue 12 months of living with my partner to allow for a secondary PR application under commonlaw grounds? How can i strategise to help get me the 12 months? Could this damage my chances?
Why would you want to do that? If you're eligible under CEC your application will most likely be approved.
Why the second application?

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
If you want to delay, it is simple. Respond to CIC's requests slowly. Take an extra month to do medical. Send the Passport slowly taking another extra month. Pay RPRF at the last possible moment. All these actions, will buy at least 3-4 months. Though if CIC does not get your paper on time, your application may be rejected.

But if I were you, I would just let it, run it's course.

DreamMagii

Jul 11, 2012
Hi iam_toby, the grounds under the NOC that i used are 75% match, but not 100%, so i need a plan b, in the case of the worse case scenario of a rejection.
Hi iamroth, yes good point thanks i hadnt thought about that, its fairly simple.

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
Hi DreamMagii,

i just want to say that 75% of noc match is a good number,you don't need 100% of noc match,in fact 100% matching may rise a red flag to the immigration officer if your employment is genuine or not.

as for delaying your application to reach a twelve months with your partner to send a second application as plan B,i will say simply apply for BOWP once you meet the requirements and you will be approved for a BOWP valid for 12 months,even if your CEC is rejected you can stay in canada for the duration of your BOWP and live with your partner to meet the requirement for spousal PR application.

good luck :)

DreamMagii

Jul 11, 2012
Hi CanadaVisa13, Im glad that you replied, as i didnt know that.
So just to confirm that i understand you correctly, if i apply for the Briding Open Work Permit it will be granted for 12 months, and even if my PR application is rejected within that 12 months i can still stay the full period?
Do you know long is the processing time for the BOWP?

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
Hi DreamMagii,im glad i have answered ;)

yes you are correct even if your PR application is rejected you can stay and work on canada on the BOWP given to you until its expired.
currently the processing times for BOWP as per the cic website last updated on november 27 are:
*paper based application:65 days
*online application:19 days

good luck :)

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
byrwus said:
this approach to delay the application will work only If you pass all the stages and in this case you probably do not want it delayed.

I'd rather try something else.
Tell the visa officer that you might get married in 6 months and you are kindly asking to put your application on hold so you can update all the information and Visa officer can make a decision having the whole picture.
If the applicant's partner is a Canadian citizen or PR, that won't make a difference - I recently declared my upcoming marriage (to a CA citizen) and all you have to do so send in a passport or birth certificate copy to prove they don't require sponsorship or additional screening