+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How many years of experience worth letters do I need to show for EE?

turb

May 1, 2017
The Express Entry CRS grid classifies the foreign work experience into 3 categories.

1) No foreign work experience - 0 points
2) 1-2 years of foreign work experience - 13 or 25 points based on IELTS score
3) 3 or more years of foreign work experience - 25 or 50 points based on IELTS score

I have two questions basis the work experience:-

1) I have around 8 to 9 years of work experience. Basis the above table, is it ok if I produce the work experience letters for only 3 years or do I have to produce the work experience from all my companies? I'm a bit concerned about approaching my current employer for the work experience letter.

2) I have 3 years of work experience as a software developer. And the remaining (5-6 years) as a manager. I plan to apply as a manager. Do I need to show the reference letters for my experience as a software developer? Or should I focus on the letters for the NOC that I'm applying for?

Apologies if these queries sound illogical. But it will help me clear a lot of doubts. Thank you.

Amdavadi

Feb 17, 2017
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04/22/2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
Passport Req..
29-06-2017
The Express Entry CRS grid classifies the foreign work experience into 3 categories.

1) No foreign work experience - 0 points
2) 1-2 years of foreign work experience - 13 or 25 points based on IELTS score
3) 3 or more years of foreign work experience - 25 or 50 points based on IELTS score

I have two questions basis the work experience:-

1) I have around 8 to 9 years of work experience. Basis the above table, is it ok if I produce the work experience letters for only 3 years or do I have to produce the work experience from all my companies? I'm a bit concerned about approaching my current employer for the work experience letter.

2) I have 3 years of work experience as a software developer. And the remaining (5-6 years) as a manager. I plan to apply as a manager. Do I need to show the reference letters for my experience as a software developer? Or should I focus on the letters for the NOC that I'm applying for?

Apologies if these queries sound illogical. But it will help me clear a lot of doubts. Thank you.
Yes you can. You only have to provide 3 years worth experience letter since you can only get maximum of 3 years point as FSW,
Choose exp from company you can get detailed letter.
make sure out of 3 years one year should be continuous in one company.
List all other experience in personal history section once you get invitation.

In short before ITA you can only show experience or education for which you are claiming points for.

Reactions: Houzi and turb

turb

May 1, 2017
Yes you can. You only have to provide 3 years worth experience letter since you can only get maximum of 3 years point as FSW,
Choose exp from company you can get detailed letter.
make sure out of 3 years one year should be continuous in one company.
List all other experience in personal history section once you get invitation.

In short before ITA you can only show experience or education for which you are claiming points for.
Thanks for your reply. I guess I will start reaching out to my past employers. The problem is both of these companies were start-ups and thus acquired by other companies. I hope the change of name won't be a problem if I mention this in the experience letter itself.

Amdavadi

Feb 17, 2017
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04/22/2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
Passport Req..
29-06-2017
Thanks for your reply. I guess I will start reaching out to my past employers. The problem is both of these companies were start-ups and thus acquired by other companies. I hope the change of name won't be a problem if I mention this in the experience letter itself.
Yes it wont matter. If i were you, i would show other experience as well. Just in case if they find hard time to asses eligibility on first exps, can can choose other work exp