+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How many years is Visit visa valid for Canada for Nigerian Citizens

sorigan

Star Member
Dec 21, 2017
i have got a question, just some form of clarification is gonna be fine.

I wonna submit for TRV (Temporary Resident Visa) for Canada , now i did the checklist to see if i am ok, and they say i qualify for a longterm judging by what i see from here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool.htm

Now having tried , i came across something like this :

Now here comes my very big question, How many years is given to Nigerian Citizens for clarity, especially when it comes to visitor visas. This is my first time applying for Canada and are there any turn downs as i have not visited some nations in say the Americas or Europe? I need clarification pls.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
i have got a question, just some form of clarification is gonna be fine.

I wonna submit for TRV (Temporary Resident Visa) for Canada , now i did the checklist to see if i am ok, and they say i qualify for a longterm judging by what i see from here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool.htm

Now having tried , i came across something like this :

Now here comes my very big question, How many years is given to Nigerian Citizens for clarity, especially when it comes to visitor visas. This is my first time applying for Canada and are there any turn downs as i have not visited some nations in say the Americas or Europe? I need clarification pls.
The VO will look to see if you have traveled to other nations that require visa's such as US, UK, Australia etc, and if you have been in compliance with all rules set out, meaning did not overstay the period allowed
The length of the visa will be up to the VO, how LONG you get to stay will be up to the CBSA upon entry if you get approval. Example, you may get a TRV with a length of five years, that does not mean you get to stay for five years.

sorigan

Star Member
Dec 21, 2017
Very well, like i said i have not been to the Americas or Europe, but some other African nations , South Africa and Ghana , yes i have been. And i am not yet married. I work in a company and i also have my small business, all these i have to put into consideration (especially when submitting for additional documents), Plus i have a cousin in Canada as well.

Do i stand a better chance at this point?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
They are looking for travel to as I mentioned Americas, Europe, a travel history of compliance. They will look at your ties to your country, a REASON to go back. As well, why are you travelling around the world to come to Canada, if you have not traveled far from your home country. Why Canada ? How long of a stay are you planning for ? How much money can you show that you can support your travel ?The airplane fare alone would be in the thousands to start. Right now you do not have a strong submission

sorigan

Star Member
Dec 21, 2017
I like your very detailed explanation. For the travel, i think i have to work on that part.
Now secondly for the ties, i am married but no child. Just to visit and come back home that's what. Should I have to back it up with at least a travel Experience, what you think then? a better chance?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
You had mentioned earlier you were not married, and now are. That is not a good enough reason to say you just want to visit then come back home. They want details. They want a REASON why you are traveling around the world and spending the associated funds to do so. Canada TRV are one of the most difficult to get in the world.
The will want bank statements showing how much funds you have to support your trip. You gotta keep in mind you are asking a country permission to visit, and leave. If you do not give enough support to your application it will just be refused, and then moving forward you have to declare that refusal to every country you want to apply a TRV for

Look at this example
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/visa-rejected-due-to-family-ties-in-canada-and-in-country-of-residence-travel-history.610003/

Last edited: