+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How many points can I claim under work experience?

jenny999

Star Member
Mar 18, 2009
I am a Pharmacist. I had one year of continuous work expereince as an intern in England so I know I have one year of work expereince there. After that I movede to Tanzania. For my registration here I had to do another three months of inernship at a local hospital after which I went to work at a hopsital as a pharmacist for nine months.

After this I went on to work as a Logistics Associate for a USAID funded project. This is a different NOC (4165 Health Policy Researchers, Consultants and Program Officers) I have been in the same job for a year and nine months and it is ongoing. At the same time I work part time (on saturdays) as a Pharmacist at a local pharmacy and I have been doing that for a year and nine months as well.

First question. I am confused with the "continuous employment" . Does this apply only for a year? For example for Pharmacy I had one continuous year of employment as a paid intern but this was followed by a lot by a lot of emplyoments of less than one year (3 months internship, 9 months hospital pharmacy , 1 year and 9 months of part time and ongoing emplyment). Can I claim another year here?

Second question. I have still working as a Logistics associate. Can I claim points for both NOCs (2 years as a pharamcist and 2 years as a logistics associate) and aggregate them or will I have to pick one that will give me more points. If I pick one which one should I go for?

Thanks in advance

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
if you are applying under FSW1, the job from the list should be one year and continuous (for full time jobs).
For points, they don't need to be continuous and can come from multiple jobs and NOCs. I am not sure what other restrictions there are.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

rupeshhari said:
if you are applying under FSW1, the job from the list should be one year and continuous (for full time jobs).
For points, they don't need to be continuous and can come from multiple jobs and NOCs. I am not sure what other restrictions there are.
Except neither Pharmacist nor Logistics Associate is on the "list of 38" so the OP wouldn't qualify as FSW1

PMM

jenny999

Star Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sorry I should have made it clear...I applied through the Simplified Application Process. It was in 2006 Nov before the new law was enforced.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
you should have at least one year of continuous full-time paid work experience or the equivalent in part-time continuous employment. Sounds like you have that.

That is one requirement.

The next requirement is that you need points. For work experience points, you can join up different NOCs to calculate the number of years of experience as long as the NOC is skill type 0, A or Bl