+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HOW MANY IELTS SCORE NEEDED FOR SINP/PNP

Jewel

Star Member
Nov 27, 2007
Dear Members,

I know that to prove English proficiency there is a few alternative options under PNP/SINP.

I want to know, if ones need to sit for IELTS test then how many band score is needed for PNP/SINP.

Would be so grateful if anybody advise.

Thanks & regards,

P

pakistan

You do not need to have an IELTS score for nomination under SINP. I got my nomination without IELTS and they did not even ask for that.. I am talking about family member category

Jewel

Star Member
Nov 27, 2007
Hi Pakistan,

Thanks for your reply.

I am from Bangladesh and I am also taking SINP family members category. Pls note in the SINP application guide following alternative options are given to qualify in English language. I think you have qualified in one option from the below.That's why they did not ask you for IELTS.
Pls..pls.. reply. I am so worried about this thing.

7. Language Credentials
If your first language is not English, you must prove your English language ability with
one of the following:
• SINP 500-8 Affidavit of English Language Ability
o If you have a job offer from a Saskatchewan employer, they must
complete this form to verify that you have the language skills necessary to
do the job;
• Education/training documents that demonstrate you have attended education
institutions where the language of instruction was English and show the length of
the program;
• Language testing results that equal a score of six or greater on the International
English Language Testing System (IELTS);
• Certificates of English Language training with a letter that shows the length of the
program; and/or
• Employment references with English as the principal language of communication.

Thanks once again.

P

pakistan

Jewel said:
Hi Pakistan,

Thanks for your reply.

I am from Bangladesh and I am also taking SINP family members category. Pls note in the SINP application guide following alternative options are given to qualify in English language. I think you have qualified in one option from the below.That's why they did not ask you for IELTS.
Pls..pls.. reply. I am so worried about this thing.

7. Language Credentials
If your first language is not English, you must prove your English language ability with
one of the following:
• SINP 500-8 Affidavit of English Language Ability
o If you have a job offer from a Saskatchewan employer, they must
complete this form to verify that you have the language skills necessary to
do the job;
• Education/training documents that demonstrate you have attended education
institutions where the language of instruction was English and show the length of
the program;
• Language testing results that equal a score of six or greater on the International
English Language Testing System (IELTS);
• Certificates of English Language training with a letter that shows the length of the
program; and/or
• Employment references with English as the principal language of communication.

Thanks once again.
I did not use any specific document to prove my English ability. rather I used second option i.e.
Education/training documents that demonstrate you have attended education
the program
When you submit your educational document for example detailed marks sheet, and if you have studied English as a single subject in your Secondary and then post secondary school level and English as a subject is show on your marks sheet, then it is enough proof to fulfill SINP English language requirement.. I did so and did attach any specific document to prove my language training.. so don,t worry and go ahead they are taking one and a quarter year to nominate these days.. good luck

jugnoo

Aug 8, 2010
Hi Pakistan,
but now UK Candian Embassy asking for IELTS, How much band required. Please tell me.

anayya

Star Member
Aug 1, 2010
hi
i also have this problem actually my sister has applied for sinp under skill worker with job offer,,,,but now many people have receivedc letters from cic visa officer for ielts ....what score they want to see....plz plz tell me as my sister has 4 ban deven repeated 2 times.....if she will send taht can they reject it.....plz plz tell me what score is needed for sinp after sinp approval ..only for visa officer
regards
waiting 4 reply

Aug 10, 2010
Re: IELTS General training module results

This is my IELTS General Training Module Test Results:

Writing - 7.0

Listening - 6.5

Speaking - 6.5

Reading - 5.0

And according to the immigration visa consultant that these scores are not qualified or is not up to the Canadian Immigration English proficiency requirement. Is this true? I have already my priority number and because of their advise I already withdrawn my submitted papers from Canadian Visa Office-Manila. Please I need advise.

babloo

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
bad news snip or any provincial category are just lucky that they got medical or visa narrow escape form skilled visa assessment

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EP79.asp

Guide for provincial nominees (IMM P7000)
Review for decision

Your application will undergo a detailed review by a visa officer. The officer will consider all the information and documentation you have provided, and will assess it against current selection standards for skilled worker immigrants.[/u

its politics bullshit all provincial nomination people miss that link visa officer have right to see application even if its nominated from any province
to assess it against skilled worker immigration means

they can reject our applications not only because of ilets but due to any reason simply if they consider applicant can not settle properly in Canada

iram1

Star Member
Aug 22, 2010
yes...many people i have seen that they are worried why visa officer asking ielts and financial support proofs from them.even they have sinp nomination
everyone federal,provincial and cec are worried really
no none is safe
but wish all of u best of luck