04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
Hi All,

Stupid sounding question I know, but bear with me...

Question 3 on form IMM 0008 is "How many family members, including you, are in this application?".

I am applying for PR via the CEC route. I have no children, no spouse and no one in my family is accompanying me to Canada. On my application, I marked this field as '1', but on my returned application, this was circled in red.

Was writing '1' correct?

Thanks,
Alan

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
Yes, 1 is correct.

I assume your application was refused for some other reason :eek:

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
Thanks!

They didn't like that I'd supplied my extended personal history on a piece paper produced using a spreadsheet, instead of using loads of IMM5562 sheets. The fact that they'd circled the '1' in red made me want to double check.

Thanks again :)

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
arowberry said:
Thanks!

They didn't like that I'd supplied my extended personal history on a piece paper produced using a spreadsheet, instead of using loads of IMM5562 sheets. The fact that they'd circled the '1' in red made me want to double check.

That was the reason for refusal?? Can you copy and paste the refusal email in full please?
Make sure to delete any personal information.

This would be rather weird, as the form says

If there is not enough space to provide all the necessary information, use an extra sheet of paper.
Print your name and the form's title on the additional sheet.
It doesn't say you have to use the form again, to me it sounds like make a spreadsheet with the required
and missing information and print name and the forms title on the top of the sheet.

Anyone?

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
^Yes, that's what I did...made a table from a blank document and typed the info.
I've completed my Medicals and waiting for the PPR.

I don't think he was refused, they just returned the whole submission. Do they attach an explanation letter whenever they return an application?

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
Oh yeah, I mean returned, not refused.

And yes, it should be fine to attach sheets with extended information as long as you specified the form and question that it related to.

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
Dear Sir/Madam:

The following refers to your Application for Permanent Residence in Canada under the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) Program.

A review of your application indicates you do not meet the requirement of the instructions with respect to the completion of your application or, the requirements of the Regulation (R) 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) because:

[ ] It is not accompanied by the original results of the English IELTS, CELPIP or the TEF French language proficiency assessment.

[ ] CELPIP results must be the "Official Score Report" with the original seal from the testing centre.

[ ] It is not accompanied by an acceptable English or French Language proficiency assessment for the following reasons:
[ ] Language results must not be older than two years upon the date received at CIO.
[ ] Original language test results must be submitted.
[ ] IELTS has two option for the reading and writing tests: "General Training" and "Academic". You must take the "General Training" option.
[ ] TEF results must include the following component: comprehension ecrite, comprehension orale, expression ecrite and expression orale.

[X] Please see the highlighted items on the enclosed checklist or the enclosed Appendix.

Regulation (12) of IRPA states:
"If the requirements of sections 10 and 11 are not met, the application and all documents submitted in support of the application shall be returned to the applicant."
As your application does not meet the requirements of Regulation (10) of IRPA, it is incomplete. It is being returned to you for this reason. Your application fee was not processed and is also being returned to you. Your application has not been received, and no record has been retained.

If you submit an application, please pay particular attention to all the forms, information, documents, evidence, signatures, proof of language proficiency, and fees required. Applications missing any of these items are incomplete and will not be received. They will be returned to you.

In addition, please note that applications will be assessed according to the instruction in place at the time they are received.

Thank you for your interest in Canada.

KAR
Citzenship and Immigration
Centralized Intake Office
Sydney, Nova Scotia

I have noticed three things on my returned forms:

(1) The circled '1' that this post was originally about.

(2) I stupidly had Sydney as the processing office on IMM0008. Interestingly, 'CPR' has been written next to the crossed out CIO-S. I would have expected CPP or CPO Ottawa. Thoughts?

(3) The most important part. I didn't complete a Supplementary Information - Your Travels (IMM 5562) form. I assumed (presumably incorrectly), that this form was only required if your travel history wouldn't fit in the 'Personal History' section of the IMM 5669 form. Not completing this form was my biggest failure, wasn't it?

Thanks again for all of your responses. My application was actually 'returned' February 11th, but was delivered to the wrong address, so I only got it today! Been a stressful month :)

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
Bingo. You were missing a required form.

As noted earlier, the 1 is not a mistake - people often see annotations on their returned applications - this does not necessarily denote a mistake.

As for the requested visa office, the consensus here is that it doesn't matter what you write, as it will be forwarded to CPC-Ottawa anyway.

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
School boy error really...

I absolutely have to make sure my application through second time round. I have a couple of questions on IMM 5562:

(1) When I have been to a lot of places within a single country, can I write Destination = 'Bolivia (many cities/locations)' and Purpose of Travel = 'Backpacking'?

(2) Does it make sense to include the time spent in Canada and back home to give an unbroken time line?

Jan30

Star Member
Jan 29, 2014
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-3-2014
Doc's Request.
RCMP ON MAY15,2014
AOR Received.
25-3-2014
Med's Request
09-06-2015
Med's Done....
10-6-2015
Passport Req..
31-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
6-8-2015
LANDED..........
12-8-2015
arowberry said:
I have noticed three things on my returned forms:

(1) The circled '1' that this post was originally about.

(2) I stupidly had Sydney as the processing office on IMM0008. Interestingly, 'CPR' has been written next to the crossed out CIO-S. I would have expected CPP or CPO Ottawa. Thoughts?

(3) The most important part. I didn't complete a Supplementary Information - Your Travels (IMM 5562) form. I assumed (presumably incorrectly), that this form was only required if your travel history wouldn't fit in the 'Personal History' section of the IMM 5669 form. Not completing this form was my biggest failure, wasn't it?

Thanks again for all of your responses. My application was actually 'returned' February 11th, but was delivered to the wrong address, so I only got it today! Been a stressful month :)
Check document list and where they under line.
my file also was retuned because i forgot my family photograph.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
LPS said:
Bingo. You were missing a required form.

As noted earlier, the 1 is not a mistake - people often see annotations on their returned applications - this does not necessarily denote a mistake.

As for the requested visa office, the consensus here is that it doesn't matter what you write, as it will be forwarded to CPC-Ottawa anyway.
Yeh, that makes more sense.