+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how many days before the Classes we can enter Canada?

Dec 5, 2018
I got visa and my classes are starting from September 7.
I want to know can a arrive Canada 30-40 days before the classes?

Because I heard several rumours that students are not allowed to enter 21 days before the classes.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018

Because I heard several rumours that students are not allowed to enter 21 days before the classes.
There is no rule that says you are only allowed to enter after X date. Since you have got the visa for studies, any visit prior to studies must have a proper reason behind it, and you must be able to finance yourself till you're classes start. Do not you are not allowed to work until classes start.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
When you went there?
And what are the solid reasons we can give?
Are you searching for a reason or do you have a reason. I would suggest going early only if you have a valid reason. Each person had their own unique needs. Just because one person is allowed because of X reason doesn't mean that you will also be allowed. The border officer will analyse not only what you say but how you say it.

Dec 5, 2018
Are you searching for a reason or do you have a reason. I would suggest going early only if you have a valid reason. Each person had their own unique needs. Just because one person is allowed because of X reason doesn't mean that you will also be allowed. The border officer will analyse not only what you say but how you say it.
Actually, my college deferred my classes from May to September because of the shortage of labs and classes. Even I heard from students of Jan Intake(2019), the College had deferred their classes 2 times because because of same reasons. So I just want to go early to ensure whether they had done proper arrangements or I find new College. I don't want another defer like Jan Intake students .

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Actually, my college deferred my classes from May to September because of the shortage of labs and classes. Even I heard from students of Jan Intake(2019), the College had deferred their classes 2 times because because of same reasons. So I just want to go early to ensure whether they had done proper arrangements or I find new College. I don't want another defer like Jan Intake students .
I don't think you would be able to do that. I would suggest that you get a refund from the college if you have paid and apply for another college.

The border agent would not let you enter when you are not sure you are going to join the college for which you got the visa. I don't think you can do anything by physically going to Canada.

My suggestion would be to apply for next available intake in another college. It's very easy to notify CIC about change of college.

Reactions: HarpreetSingh91

Nim786

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
I arrived 35 days before my classes start some 4 5 days ago and they didn't asked a single question.
Be confident and give proper answer of what they ask.
What they ask at the airport? Because I’m traveling 35 days prior to my class start & will be staying at my relative place temporarily in toronto during that I will look for the permanent accommodation close to my colg in Sarina

Oct 3, 2019

Can you tell me how many days before you visited and did you faced any problem.did they asked anything

LaSimo

Jul 15, 2021
IMPORTANT! Due to COVID-19 restrictions Canada will NOT allow students to enter the country, earlier than 4 weeks - prior Study Permit begin date!
We got turned down at the airport today. We had to change our flight, so make sure you can travel before make all your arrangements. Darn pandemic...

Nwamaka

Star Member
May 28, 2021
Visa Office......
Pretoria, South Africa.
App. Filed.......
May 12
IMPORTANT! Due to COVID-19 restrictions Canada will NOT allow students to enter the country, earlier than 4 weeks - prior Study Permit begin date!
We got turned down at the airport today. We had to change our flight, so make sure you can travel before make all your arrangements. Darn pandemic...
Did you get vaccinated

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Did you get vaccinated
Doesn't matter whether you are vaccinated or not if you are a student. Don't try to fly to Canada more than 3-4 weeks or you're at high risk of being turned away.

Reactions: Sblue and wonderbly

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
IRCC has always had the 4 weeks advisory even pre-COVID but were somewhat lax about it. With COVID, they are strictly enforcing it. They have warned severally not to travel too early.

Reactions: Kornroll and scylla

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Your college seems like a fraudulent diploma mill that preys on international students looking for PGWPs.

Reactions: wonderbly