+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How many days before the classes can I go to Canada ?

Endgame

Aug 4, 2010
Hello Everyone,

I want to ask that how many days before classes start can one land in Canada. Suppose classes start from 1 Jan so when we are allowed to enter there ?

Nepali_RB

Jul 21, 2010
You can come anytime after you get your visa. Doesn't matter when your class starts. If you have a Visa - you can come to Canada.

1laguy

Aug 10, 2010
But isn't the student visa only applicable for the amount of time your program is? So if you had a one year program and you came two months early, wouldn't your visa end two months before your program ended?

Endgame

Aug 4, 2010
1laguy said:
But isn't the student visa only applicable for the amount of time your program is? So if you had a one year program and you came two months early, wouldn't your visa end two months before your program ended?
I also have the same doubt.

Nepali_RB

Jul 21, 2010
Your Visa has a validity. For instance your visa will state valid till August 2012 or some date will be there. So as long as a) you have a visa for Canada and b) it has a validity date, you can come to canada. Suppose my course starts in January 2011 but I decide to come to canada in December 2010 it doesn't matter because my visa is valid till March 2012 because that's when my course will be over.

I am stating an example - but this is how it works.

hope it helped!