+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long?

Flocan

Apr 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How knows roughly how long it takes fron file received at local office to test letter received?

Flocan

Apr 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I rember a member of this forum who had very detailed information (number of weeks it takes), I cannot remember the thread or his name

dnt4554

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Flocan said:
How knows roughly how long it takes fron file received at local office to test letter received?
You're from the maritimes, I'd say you might get a test date around the 8 month mark.

Flocan

Apr 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks, that's pretty long! You have any info on the timeline for Maritmes?

md71f

Aug 6, 2014
How long? Who knows, it's been 35 months since I've applied, still waiting for the test to be scheduled...

Flocan

Apr 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OMG! Did you check with CIC what's happening? ANy notes in your file?

md71f

Aug 6, 2014
Yup, seriously, last year I've called the call centre to check when to expect the test as it was close to 2 years since I've applied, couple of months later I've got an rq based on the fact that at some point I've been self-employed and traveled abroad once since I moved to Canada, now I'm waiting for the RQ to be reviewed, nothing so far, been told not to call them till 36 months pass.

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
md71f said:
Yup, seriously, last year I've called the call centre to check when to expect the test as it was close to 2 years since I've applied, couple of months later I've got an rq based on the fact that at some point I've been self-employed and traveled abroad once since I moved to Canada, now I'm waiting for the RQ to be reviewed, nothing so far, been told not to call them till 36 months pass.
tsk tsk tsk hang in there dont loose hope!!!

polarbear

Sep 17, 2012
Flocan said:

Hello Flocan:

First, you have to call CIC call center and confirm whether your file has reached your local office.

Your file was transferred on June 23rd, which means your file is in transit to local office, not reached.

Sometimes transit can take 3 to 6 weeks depends on the local office. Sometimes your local office may take their own time to open the boxes and scan the documents to note that it has arrived.

Toronto local offices are the fastest in the country. I believe your local office is Fredericton which is one of the slowest in the country.

First check whether your local office has received your file or still is in transit.

Get the local office received date, not the transfer date from sydney.
:-X

Flocan

Apr 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello polarbear, no no, I have been confirmed with exact date, that my file was phisically received by local office (fredeicton on 30th june 2014)
Fredericton office even put a note on file to say they received my correspondance for vacation time (went away for 1 week)

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Flocan said:
Hello polarbear, no no, I have been confirmed with exact date, that my file was phisically received by local office (fredeicton on 30th june 2014)
Fredericton office even put a note on file to say they received my correspondance for vacation time (went away for 1 week)
hmm they should be faster coz only few applicant in your area... in our are Montreal and Toronto there a huge number of applicant. On my exam day we are more than 60 examiner at 930 am. How many exams per day, i have no idea but not less than 3 exam hmmm

Flocan

Apr 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are right, strange thing is that a friend of mine, from the same city, applied the same day and had his test on 9th July

polarbear

Sep 17, 2012
My file is in transit to Scarborough office on July 28th,

still is in transit, not reached Toronto.

I think they are going by walk :mad: