+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long will VFS keep the passport after it is stamped?

abcshake

Jan 11, 2024
Hi guys

So my wife's passport has been stamped and returned to her local VFS office. We also got the email to pick up the passport. However my wife would not be able to pick up the passport for a few days. Do we need to inform the Visa center that she will pick up the passport later? And how long do the VFS usually keep passports ready for pickup?

Kananaskis

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023
Because the passport is a government document, they have to keep it until specified otherwise by either you or your government.
They might send you reminders and try to reach out to let you know it is ready though. So best practice would be to give them a call and let them know it will take a few days.

abcshake

Jan 11, 2024
Because the passport is a government document, they have to keep it until specified otherwise by either you or your government.
They might send you reminders and try to reach out to let you know it is ready though. So best practice would be to give them a call and let them know it will take a few days.
Thanks for the insight. I found that VFS keeps the passports that are ready for collection for 120 days. So we should be ok to pick it up a few days late. See here: https://visa.vfsglobal.com/pol/en/can/news/unclaimed-passports-strict

I might send them an email to be on the safe side.