+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long will it take to have the permanent resident visa after the CSQ

yolanda

Jun 3, 2006
Hi, I made my application to immigrate to Canada 4 years ago as entrepreneur for me and my whole family. We have all received the certificate of selection for Quebec since February 2005. Now since 2 years we are waiting to receive the medical exam papers.
My son is studying in Montreal since 5 years. He graduated in June 2006. He could not apply for a work permit right after graduation because his study permit and visitor visa were expired.
He registered in the university again to take a French course to renew his visa. Now his study permit and visa will expire in October 2007.
He has graduated as a BS in Chemestry and wants to work in Canada and be a permanent resident.
Is it possible for him to have a job before getting our permanent resident visa? or can we hurry the process of our application? 

trick-r-treat

Jan 18, 2007
That seems like an awfully long time for all of you to have to wait. I wish I knew the answers to your questions. I am curious to know the answer, myself.

Egyman

Star Member
Feb 7, 2007
For your son, Yes he can work for one year after graduation from a Canadian university.
Regards

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Egyman said:
For your son, Yes he can work for one year after graduation from a Canadian university.
Regards
If he was taking 1 french course he is not eligible for post graduation work permit.

PMM