+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long "We are reviewing additional documents you..." takes to change

nav1590

Sep 10, 2018
hi,

just general question. i have apousal application for my wife who is in india.
Status of my application after upload of requested documents after medical pass is:-

On Nov.23 2018 changed to:-
Review of..:-We are reviewing additional...you provided
Background check:- We are processing your background check....will send you message if we need more informaion.

Anyone know how long it can take for outland spousal application from India to change?

BackToOntario

Star Member
Aug 18, 2018
hi,

just general question. i have apousal application for my wife who is in india.
Status of my application after upload of requested documents after medical pass is:-

On Nov.23 2018 changed to:-
Review of..:-We are reviewing additional...you provided
Background check:- We are processing your background check....will send you message if we need more informaion.

Anyone know how long it can take for outland spousal application from India to change?
It will vary depending on how long it takes them to review the additional documents & process the background check. Each case is different.

Ours took almost a month after sending the requested additional documents before my husband received the PPR email and status was updated to Decision Made in ECAS.

That being said, his GCKey account still has the following, so you might want to check ECAS instead and see if that changes to "Decision Made," as that will likely be updated before GCKey.

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

nav1590

Sep 10, 2018
Thank you. i appreciate your reply. Was your husband in India? I heard that all outland india applications they send to india for background check. Hopefully that is not true and they process my wife's BC check here at missisaga.

nav1590

Sep 10, 2018
It will vary depending on how long it takes them to review the additional documents & process the background check. Each case is different.

Ours took almost a month after sending the requested additional documents before my husband received the PPR email and status was updated to Decision Made in ECAS.

That being said, his GCKey account still has the following, so you might want to check ECAS instead and see if that changes to "Decision Made," as that will likely be updated before GCKey.

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Thank you. i appreciate your reply. Was your husband in India? I heard that all outland india applications they send to india for background check. Hopefully that is not true and they process my wife's BC check here at missisaga.

BackToOntario

Star Member
Aug 18, 2018
No, we are both living in the United States, moving to Canada sometime over the summer. Unfortunately I'm not sure about the specific BG check process for each country... even within the United States, it looks like some cases are processed in Mississauga and some end up at the Los Angeles VO.

nav1590

Sep 10, 2018
No, we are both living in the United States, moving to Canada sometime over the summer. Unfortunately I'm not sure about the specific BG check process for each country... even within the United States, it looks like some cases are processed in Mississauga and some end up at the Los Angeles VO.
ok thanks