+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long to wait until receive first PR card after approval

wonbinofchina

Dec 4, 2017
Hi,

My PR status has been approved at the end of September 2018, till now I still haven't received the card yet.
The website only says it's been approved, nothing about the shipment or tracking at all.

Question: is there anywhere I can track the mail? how long should I normally wait?
Please help.

Thanks

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Initial PR cards on average should arrive in about 8 -10 weeks often sooner. Current processing time on the IRCC website shows 70 days.

Reactions: wonbinofchina

JATIENZA

Aug 14, 2014
Hi,

My PR status has been approved at the end of September 2018, till now I still haven't received the card yet.
The website only says it's been approved, nothing about the shipment or tracking at all.

Question: is there anywhere I can track the mail? how long should I normally wait?
Please help.

Thanks
It's depend to individual application, but for us its took 1 month plus b4 we rcvd it..

Reactions: wonbinofchina

jctcanada

Feb 5, 2018
Hello there! I just wanted to ask if did you include a cover letter to your pr application? I'm planning to apply this month but i'm doubting to include or not a cover letter.
Hi,

Please help.

Thanks

wonbinofchina

Dec 4, 2017
Hello there! I just wanted to ask if did you include a cover letter to your pr application? I'm planning to apply this month but i'm doubting to include or not a cover letter.
why would you include a cover letter?
Based on my own experience, I only provided whatever is asked for, nothing more.

JATIENZA

Aug 14, 2014
is there anyway we could track the card status?
I know in US USCIS would provide status of each step include card production and shipment...
I don't remember that I tracked the card status, are you currently in CAN or outside? maybe you will rcvd it by early or mid Nov.