+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long to process application withdraw?

urvashiben

Mar 23, 2018
Sorry, I have applied for a temporary work permit in Canada 6 months ago, I was requested to provide some additional documents and I couldn't manage it in time. additionally, my work contract in Canada is delayed so much that I need to cancel it. Therefore, I wrote to the embassy to withdraw my application one month ago few weeks before the deadline. I got an email saying that I don't submit the required documents in time my application will be refused. I am so much concerned whether it is possible to withdraw it at this stage. Is there any way to appeal them on this issue if they ignore my withdrawal request. Thank you in advance.
where you able to withdraw your work permit application? How much time it took to withdraw the application?

Fbttn

Dec 25, 2019
My application was withdrawn today without my request. They said they will investigate it and that I should call back in two weeks. Any thoughts of what might have happened?

Sid_rash

May 22, 2020
1. An application can be withdrawn at anytime.
2. No, CIC will not ask why.
3. No guarantee, an RQ can be issued again.
4. No, it is your right to re-apply if you meet eligibility requirements. However, I imagine re-applying several times may trigger an RQ or cause them to take a closer look at your file.
5. No, withdrawal of an application can not be prohibited. If an application is withdrawn before processing begins, CIC refunds the fee. If it's after processing has begun, no refund of fees.
Hi @SenoritaBella, if I request tot withdraw my application, is it possible that they still make a decision on my file even if the processing has not yet begun?

Reactions: ravi12