+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long to process application withdraw?

ezz1981

Star Member
Apr 27, 2013
Hi,

Does anyone know how long it would take for CIC (Montreal office) to confirm/accept application withdraw?

Thanks.

janoo

May 16, 2014
You have to write a letter to your office and application will be withdraw same time
when they receive the application..No issue after few month you may get $ 100
return from CIC office.

canadp

Feb 25, 2009
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2010
LANDED..........
29-07-2010
The date they received your withdraw application match the date when they are opening current citizenship application.

for example.

Withdraw application sent date : 25th June 2014

Current Citizenship application opening date : 25th May 2014

Then you are expecting at least month before it will be withdrawn.

Once your application is withdraw, your online application status becomes "Complete'.

Thank you,

canadp

canadp

Feb 25, 2009
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2010
LANDED..........
29-07-2010
janoo said:
You have to write a letter to your office and application will be withdraw same time
when they receive the application..No issue after few month you may get $ 100
return from CIC office.
it does not get withdraw same day the day they receive application.

All citizenship applications or withdraw applications start to act on basis of the order of receiving not the date when they made acknowledgement of receipt.

ezz1981

Star Member
Apr 27, 2013
canadp said:
The date they received your withdraw application match the date when they are opening current citizenship application.

for example.

Withdraw application sent date : 25th June 2014

Current Citizenship application opening date : 25th May 2014

Then you are expecting at least month before it will be withdrawn.

Once your application is withdraw, your online application status becomes "Complete'.

Thank you,

canadp
Sorry, just to clarify something. My wife sent her application Aug 2013, and we noticed missing days. So if I send the letter today, does it mean that it will be withdrawn August 2014? Sorry, I don't follow.

ezz1981

Star Member
Apr 27, 2013
canadp said:
it does not get withdraw same day the day they receive application.

All citizenship applications or withdraw applications start to act on basis of the order of receiving not the date when they made acknowledgement of receipt.
OK, thanks. Do you know how long it takes to process the withdraw?

ezz1981

Star Member
Apr 27, 2013
Can I send the new application before I get the withdrawal confirmation from CIC?

I sent the withdraw form to CIC Montreal. Please let me know if I can send the new application right away to CIC Sydney.

Thanks.

SherifEF

Aug 4, 2014
I have a similar question to ezz1981, May I apply for new citizenship before I withdraw the existing one?

If not, i.e I have to withdraw 1st then apply a new application. How long should I stay in between? Also, I did not get on which basis the withdraw date become effective. Once they received i.e few days from sending the withdraw or I have to wait kind of acknowledge letter from them?

Thanks

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
after withdrawal if you reapply even after 10 years gap why the ecase system still shows 2 status one withdrawal which happened 10 yrs ago and inprocess status of currently filed application. does withdrawal have any implications on future application. when do they delete withdrawal record after how many years of reapply. do cic use any info from withdrawal application package to process new application status

ezz1981

Star Member
Apr 27, 2013
I know I'm late is responding to this but I will update this thread, and hopefully others can benefit from it.

When an application is withdrawn, the E-CAS status will change to "Withdrawn". It takes about 2 weeks to withdraw an application. According to my lawyer, you cannot send a new application and withdraw letter at the same time IF your file has been transferred to local office.

My wife had to withdraw her application. So she sent the letter to her local office first; it took about 2 weeks for the status to get updated on e-cas. Once the application was withdrawn, she re-applied again.

For those who need to know why her application was withdrawn:

She had a typo in her entry date to Canada and she was short few days. That triggered the RQ after test, even the officer didn't notice that mistake during the interview or maybe she did and decided not to mention it to my wife. In any case, she applied again in Aug 2014 and got the email confirmation last week.

Will she be RQed again or will it have any impact on her application the second time? I have no clue... I guess we will find out soon.

Good Luck All.

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
So after receiving RQ can a person withdraw an application. Will CIC not ask why you did not withdraw before them starting to query. Whats the guarante that if the person applies again he wont get RQ. If he does in loop withdrawal and re apply several time will cic at a point say no we dont allow with drawal. Will someday in future like bill c24 withdrawal of application becomes prohibited.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
1. An application can be withdrawn at anytime.
2. No, CIC will not ask why.
3. No guarantee, an RQ can be issued again.
4. No, it is your right to re-apply if you meet eligibility requirements. However, I imagine re-applying several times may trigger an RQ or cause them to take a closer look at your file.
5. No, withdrawal of an application can not be prohibited. If an application is withdrawn before processing begins, CIC refunds the fee. If it's after processing has begun, no refund of fees.

blueshirt said:
So after receiving RQ can a person withdraw an application. Will CIC not ask why you did not withdraw before them starting to query. Whats the guarante that if the person applies again he wont get RQ. If he does in loop withdrawal and re apply several time will cic at a point say no we dont allow with drawal. Will someday in future like bill c24 withdrawal of application becomes prohibited.

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
Thanks well said

SenoritaBella said:
1. An application can be withdrawn at anytime.
2. No, CIC will not ask why.
3. No guarantee, an RQ can be issued again.
4. No, it is your right to re-apply if you meet eligibility requirements. However, I imagine re-applying several times may trigger an RQ or cause them to take a closer look at your file.
5. No, withdrawal of an application can not be prohibited. If an application is withdrawn before processing begins, CIC refunds the fee. If it's after processing has begun, no refund of fees.

Ailimmt

Dec 7, 2017
Sorry, I have applied for a temporary work permit in Canada 6 months ago, I was requested to provide some additional documents and I couldn't manage it in time. additionally, my work contract in Canada is delayed so much that I need to cancel it. Therefore, I wrote to the embassy to withdraw my application one month ago few weeks before the deadline. I got an email saying that I don't submit the required documents in time my application will be refused. I am so much concerned whether it is possible to withdraw it at this stage. Is there any way to appeal them on this issue if they ignore my withdrawal request. Thank you in advance.