+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long to get decision after phone interview?

cnvz

Oct 14, 2018
How long did it take to get a decision after the PA had a phone interview? And how long did the whole passport request process take?

I'm sponsoring my husband (outland) and our application was complete at the end of August 2017, it was received at the Mexico City office early December 2017, and yesterday they contacted my husband for a quick phone interview. His medical is set to expire in a few days too :/

What has been your experience?

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
How long did it take to get a decision after the PA had a phone interview? And how long did the whole passport request process take?

I'm sponsoring my husband (outland) and our application was complete at the end of August 2017, it was received at the Mexico City office early December 2017, and yesterday they contacted my husband for a quick phone interview. His medical is set to expire in a few days too :/

What has been your experience?
1st of all he should know the answer if he is likely to be refused or OK? tell me very short how /what they asked on phone and what was the response by caller?! Thanks a lot But tell u every case is diffrent, some times they take a month to send you a letter by consulting/forwarding concerns to a Senior officer. But mostly a week or 2 all depends

cnvz

Oct 14, 2018
1st of all he should know the answer if he is likely to be refused or OK? tell me very short how /what they asked on phone and what was the response by caller?! Thanks a lot But tell u every case is diffrent, some times they take a month to send you a letter by consulting/forwarding concerns to a Senior officer. But mostly a week or 2 all depends
It was a brief interview. They just asked if he had worked in Canada illegally and he said that he hadn't, he'd had a part time job before and that was included on his application. The officer said it was fine and they knew my husband didn't have a criminal record anywhere. They also asked him if he'd had a girlfriend in Canada before and my husband said no. It seems like everything is fine, but he was told he needs to wait for the official approval and to wait for an email to see what will happen surrounding his medical exam (if he can get an extension or needs to get a new one).

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
It was a brief interview. They just asked if he had worked in Canada illegally and he said that he hadn't, he'd had a part time job before and that was included on his application. The officer said it was fine and they knew my husband didn't have a criminal record anywhere. They also asked him if he'd had a girlfriend in Canada before and my husband said no. It seems like everything is fine, but he was told he needs to wait for the official approval and to wait for an email to see what will happen surrounding his medical exam (if he can get an extension or needs to get a new one).
Then it is a +ve =good news coming soon. Wait 2-3 weeks let them finish