+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long takes DM to Oath

Fatima1989

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Hi I am from Calgary
My test is done 8th Nov and I already see DM in my Ecas .

But I haven’t received oath letter yet

so my question what is this DM means

they took DM but they didn’t let me know yet

any idea how long does takes DM to oath letter .

also another question after DM is there any inquiries can come .

sorry for asking many questions bcz I don’t know how the process is that’s why I am asking

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Hi I am from Calgary
My test is done 8th Nov and I already see DM in my Ecas .

But I haven’t received oath letter yet

so my question what is this DM means

they took DM but they didn’t let me know yet

any idea how long does takes DM to oath letter .

also another question after DM is there any inquiries can come .

sorry for asking many questions bcz I don’t know how the process is that’s why I am asking
They normally tell you decision after the test, then it gets updated online. Oath is normally within 3 months, but I’ve seen letters within a few days before.

Can get FP after test, and it can be longer too. Personally I wouldn’t worry or contact them until 3 months from the DM. Especially with Xmas in the middle.

Note the 12 month average is application arrived to DM. What was your timeline like?

Fatima1989

Star Member
May 23, 2019
They normally tell you decision after the test, then it gets updated online. Oath is normally within 3 months, but I’ve seen letters within a few days before.

Can get FP after test, and it can be longer too. Personally I wouldn’t worry or contact them until 3 months from the DM. Especially with Xmas in the middle.

Note the 12 month average is application arrived to DM. What was your timeline like?

Applied May 2019
AOR July 2019
Test November 2019
DM November 2019
Oath waiting

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
What is IP
IP is In Progress. To have gotten Test and DM by November when you only applied in May is a pretty incredible timeline. Many of us have been waiting since Jan 2019 (personally) or even longer (many others) with about 35% of Jan applicants not even having gotten a test date yet.

Only 2% of (3 people) May applicants have done their oath, and one was urgent processing.