+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how long should I wait to re apply for visitor visa, to see my husband.

fiojohn

Dec 17, 2016
hello everyone,
i applied for a visitor visa. I'm married to a Canadian and previously been to Canada on working basis. I work for a Carnival Corporation, cruise ships. That is how i got my previous Canadian visa. I also have an extensive travel history because of my job, and have B1/B2 american visa. I applied as a visitor to visit my husband, he recently resigned to the cruise ships and wanted to be together and be able to spend our marriage first year anniversary :'(
Sent an online application on Dec 21st. I asked to stay from Feb 8 to may 3rd. attached all documents of my job, bank statements with quite an amount, letter of invitation from my husband and details of his bank statements and documents of the property he owns in Canada. However, we decided NOT TO SEND the hole amount of what he has in he bank, thinking will be enough about 25k only I NEITHER sent my bank statement having the hole amount since i had it stuck in the bank as fix fund, unable to touch without loosing interest. however i showed about 25k from my side. we didn't think what we were showing was little so we just continued.
they DENIED my visa, because of: LENGTH OF PROPOSED STAY IN CANADA, PURPOSE OF VISIT and "I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure".
It is our true to want to be together for our anniversary and have no other reason for me to go over. Have no intentions to stay either, since we plan to do sponsorship, however it does take a lot longer and we want to see each other after already 3 months! :'(
I wanna please ask how long do you guys think we should wait for me to re-apply. shpuld we wait for more than 2 motnhs?
our annyversary is in march, I'm devastated!
Please help!!! what can we do?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can apply again now if you want. However you likely want to consider changing a few things in your application.

First of all, a three month trip is far too long and likely makes CIC concerned you have plans on remaining in Canada long term. I would request a 2-3 week trip. This is a reasonable length for a visit.

What evidence did you provide to show your ties outside of Canada? Did you include proof of employment? A letter of leave from your employer?

Botinok

Star Member
Aug 2, 2015
scylla said:
You can apply again now if you want. However you likely want to consider changing a few things in your application.

First of all, a three month trip is far too long and likely makes CIC concerned you have plans on remaining in Canada long term. I would request a 2-3 week trip. This is a reasonable length for a visit.

What evidence did you provide to show your ties outside of Canada? Did you include proof of employment? A letter of leave from your employer?
If she writes that she will stay in Canada for 2-3 weeks, but in reality it will be 3 months, what should she answer when officer on border asks her How long will you stay in Canada

fiojohn

Dec 17, 2016
scylla said:

hello again,
and thank your very much for your answers! i really appreciate it!

I'm planning to apply these days, just came out from a minor surgery and dealing with this. So you think I should apply for 2 or 3 weeks only.
How about the money, in the previous application i put 25k between saving acct, and mutual funds, however, in the IMM5257E form, funds available for my stay y put 9k for 3 months. thinking i should not go over 10k to avoid the pain of dealing with this when entering Canada, maybe was a dumb move?
If I intend to stay from march 12 to april 19 and change my funds for my stay to 20k, would this be a smart move? (I took all my money out from other banks and from under the matress to deposit into this one bank so it can show)

To answer your question, as evidence of ties in my country, well my ties are still my parents and brother.
As employment, I did show a letter of employment of my last contracts, couldn't attach a new letter of employment because i was not assigned yet.
Please, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

fiojohn

Dec 17, 2016
fiojohn said:
hello again,
and thank your very much for your answers! i really appreciate it!

I'm planning to apply these days, just came out from a minor surgery and dealing with this. So you think I should apply for 2 or 3 weeks only.
How about the money, in the previous application i put 25k between saving acct, and mutual funds, however, in the IMM5257E form, funds available for my stay y put 9k for 3 months. thinking i should not go over 10k to avoid the pain of dealing with this when entering Canada, maybe was a dumb move?
If I intend to stay from march 12 to april 19 and change my funds for my stay to 20k, would this be a smart move? (I took all my money out from other banks and from under the matress to deposit into this one bank so it can show)

To answer your question, as evidence of ties in my country, well my ties are still my parents and brother.
As employment, I did show a letter of employment of my last contracts, couldn't attach a new letter of employment because i was not assigned yet.
Please, any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Hello again,
just wanted to let you all know I applied again for TVR to visit my husband. And y followed your advises of requesting 2- 3 weeks only. of course everything else is needed as employment letters and money...
I re applied 2 months after my the denied visa, and this time I am grateful to say I got it!!!!
And to be honest i do believe i was denied the 1st time because of the time i requested, it was 3 months i asked for to visit mu husband. Again, I have sent my application again with almost the same paperwork and of course same situation.

So please do not loose hope! if u were denied before have a look at it and maybe you can re apply again, specially in this situation, being apart from ur husband and for so long, it's so devastating!
If i can help with something pls contact me, i can help maybe from my experience.
Best of Luck!
God Bless you all!!!