+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long should I wait to hear about restoration?

pip_kerr

Star Member
Nov 13, 2015
Hello, I was refused a work permit as I filled in the wrong form which then caused a lot of drama, whilst I was out of status I applied for a restoration of a Tourist Visa in order to stay in Canada whilst my Canadian Fiancee and I applied for spouse sponsorship. We just sent off for my PR after a couple of long months getting all of our documents together!

I sent off for the tourist visa restoration on October 11 2016 but still have never heard anything back, no email or anything. I paid the fee and have the receipt, but that is the only document I have. I am aware that it can take four months but want to know if I should be receiving an update or something?

Also now that I have applied for an offshore PR I am heading back to Australia with my partner to wait until it is approved in 2 weeks, as my tourist visa never came in time do I need to cancel it? I will have to take my printed receipts off too the border to explain why it will look like I have overstayed right?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

THanks

fazlook

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
Did you mail it in or online ? If online, they are working on apps received OCT 4th. If by mail, it takes up to 110 working days. I am waiting for visitor restoration as well for my uncle and I applied August 26 :)

Do not forget to hit +1 if I helped.

pip_kerr

Star Member
Nov 13, 2015
Hi thanks for the help, so its ok I should be waiting. But should I have recieved an email that they got and working on it? Or nothing till it is granted or refused? So if it is not granted by the time I leave Canada do I need to cancel it?

Also thanks for the advice about the +1, I never heard of this before and I used this site for months whilst working on my PR!! I'll have to go back through my messages and do it for them all!!!

fazlook

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
pip_kerr said:
Hi thanks for the help, so its ok I should be waiting. But should I have recieved an email that they got and working on it? Or nothing till it is granted or refused? So if it is not granted by the time I leave Canada do I need to cancel it?

Also thanks for the advice about the +1, I never heard of this before and I used this site for months whilst working on my PR!! I'll have to go back through my messages and do it for them all!!!
If you mailed that by paper, then you don't receive anything. Just wait :)

You now have an implied status. You can stay as long as you have nothing handy. If they ask you to leave after, then you have to leave.