+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long should I send out my citizenship application after I paid the 630 CAD?

snowflake2012

Star Member
Jul 24, 2012
I started the preparation of citizenship application two weeks ago, and immediately paid the 630 CAD.

But when I read further, I found it was more complicated than I thought. Especially, the "eligibility period" covers the past 5 years, during which I once lived in China.

The form asks me to list all the details of address and employment information in the past 5 years, and even a police certificate if I lived more than 183 days outside of Canada in the past 4 years! This is such a pain in the ass.

But If I wait for a few months, I won't need a police certificate and my employment and address information will be much simpler. So waiting for a few months before applying might be a good idea.

But I'm worried my application fee might be expired. So here is the question:
How long should I send out my citizenship application after I pay the 630 CAD? Is there a time limit?
Thank you very much!!!

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
I started the preparation of citizenship application two weeks ago, and immediately paid the 630 CAD.

But when I read further, I found it was more complicated than I thought. Especially, the "eligibility period" covers the past 5 years, during which I once lived in China.

The form asks me to list all the details of address and employment information in the past 5 years, and even a police certificate if I lived more than 183 days outside of Canada in the past 4 years! This is such a pain in the ass.

But If I wait for a few months, I won't need a police certificate and my employment and address information will be much simpler. So waiting for a few months before applying might be a good idea.

How long should I send out my citizenship application after I pay the 630 CAD? Is there a time limit?
Thank you very much!!!
I dont think it should expire, but check with immigration as I recall once paying for US visa interview for folks and we couldnt make the date, when I went to rebook, the system said it expired and so did their customer service

Reactions: snowflake2012

snowflake2012

Star Member
Jul 24, 2012
I dont think it should expire, but check with immigration as I recall once paying for US visa interview for folks and we couldnt make the date, when I went to rebook, the system said it expired and so did their customer service
Thank you for the advice. I will call IRCC next Monday! Hope they pick it up!

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))

Thank you very much!!!
i don't think it has an expiry date either, unless they change the fee; if they make it less they will refund you, but if they make it more they might return the application as incomplete
you could also ask for a refund now (it's explained how in the receipt) and pay again when you are ready to send

Reactions: snowflake2012

catharines

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017

Thank you very much!!!
I used mine 2 years later, you will be fine.