+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long more to wait

faten

Jan 5, 2006
Dear PMM:
I am so impressed with the knowledge and experience in all your responses.
I am really hoping that i can get an answer for my question since i am so confused and i dont know how long more i have to wait for the final decision. AS i mentioned in a previous question, i have applied 4 yrs ago for PR status form within Canada and i have my work permit up to date and i have passed my medical tests almost a year ago, CIC told me in a letter that they only have to do background check and the final decision will be done. i call them and they do not know when the answer will be for final decision . I dont know what to do and i am waiting for their decision.
how long do you think more to wait and is it correct that after one year for the medical tests i have to re do them again.
your answer is really appreciated and has a lot of hope for me and i am sure for many others in my situtation
thanks again

mario123

Aug 4, 2005
Faten:

All I can say is, if you haven't already, you should get your CAIPS file ASAP, and review it to see what is going on with your file.

-Mario123

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mario123 said:
Faten:

All I can say is, if you haven't already, you should get your CAIPS file ASAP, and review it to see what is going on with your file.

-Mario123
He should request a copy of his file, as he is being processed in Canada there is no caips. What he wants is a copy of his file, the WIP screens and FOSS see; http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests%2Daddress.html for the privacy coordinator in your area. Here is how to apply: http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/tbsf-fsct/350-58_e.asp

As he is in Canada his medical does not expire.

PMM

faten

Jan 5, 2006
THanks a million

Dear PMM & Friends:

thanks for your response and i will do so tomorrow,
i will update you with regard any good luck and i will request the pesonal Info
thanks again

faten

Jan 5, 2006
Dear PMM:

Finally today, my E-client status changed form in Process to Decision Made, Although it is still not clear to me what is the final decision but at least it is moving somehow.

Please advice on what I am supposed to do now or should I contact CIC although i did last week and there was no final answer yet. From my experience i know that may be they will call me soon for an interview or maybe they will waive it. but when is that/What is the next step ? Please advice me with your knowledge and experience,

thanks again

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

faten said:
Dear PMM:

Finally today, my E-client status changed form in Process to Decision Made, Although it is still not clear to me what is the final decision but at least it is moving somehow.

Please advice on what I am supposed to do now or should I contact CIC although i did last week and there was no final answer yet. From my experience i know that may be they will call me soon for an interview or maybe they will waive it. but when is that/What is the next step ? Please advice me with your knowledge and experience,

thanks again
IF the decision was made, you should be contacted by CIC within a month of that decision.

PMM

faten

Jan 5, 2006
Decision Made, is that the end of story

Dear PMM:
Thanks for your response. I contacted CIC hot line & the officer did not know that my application has changed from IN process to Decision made and after I told him about my E-client status that it has changed and he reply that does not mean nothing and i am still under process with my application.
Please advice what to do or who to call or contact because i am too confused and dont know where or what is the answer.
Thanks and waiting for you reply please.

DancingFeather

Star Member
Jan 31, 2006
Don't worry needlessly.

:) I think that you are worrying for nothing. If there is only the background check to do and if you have nothing in your past that could be a refusal, I wouldn't answer but go about your business and you have passed this far.

When it is only the background check and you know you are okay, I'm positive that you will be accepted. So relax and don't worry needlessly. What the officer said, I would not take into consideration because many times they don't have the experience or hardly know anything themselves. I have lived the experience where one would tell me zip and then I called again and got an agent who knew her stuff.

It it said on your E-client that your status has changed then it has..why else would have it been put in. The guy on the hotline as far as I am concerned knows nothing and put you in that confused state.

Trust me if your background check is okay and all the rest is fine so far, I would not worry and enjoy your life..

It isn't important how long it takes, what is important is that you get accepted, no one can make it go faster and the more you ask the more you may get wrong answers and you will bite your nails..probably for nothing and one morning get up and go to the mail and see a letter from CIC..saying...you are accepted. The interview may be waived if they see no necessity to it and they are satisfied.

So relax and enjoy your life...and write to us when you get your letter..ACCEPTED..Welcome to Canada.. :)

kathou

Sep 24, 2009
hello every one me it been since october our paper it in rabat and 3 week ago i reiceve a leter buy telling em they receive the 490 dollard but i wan tto know how much time we have to wait until my husband got the call plss can anyone asnwer me plss thx alot