+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long is TRV valid for?

neo-mashiro

Jul 28, 2019
Hello, I am currently working in Canada with a PGWP which is valid until 2025. I will go back to my home country for 2 weeks in December, and then return to Canada, so I need to apply for a TRV in advance.

The problem is, I don't know how long the TRV will be valid for, and I can't find any information regarding that. The only thing I know is that, my first TRV on my passport is valid for 60 days. If that was the case, if I apply for TRV now (August) and receive it in September, it's likely to expire in November, even before my travel plan. Therefore, I'm thinking about applying later in October, however, the processing time is constantly changing after the pandemic, could be anything between 3 weeks and 3 months, if I apply in October, there's no guarantee that I can receive it before the end of the year....

This seems to be a dead lock to me. Any solutions?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, I am currently working in Canada with a PGWP which is valid until 2025. I will go back to my home country for 2 weeks in December, and then return to Canada, so I need to apply for a TRV in advance.

The problem is, I don't know how long the TRV will be valid for, and I can't find any information regarding that. The only thing I know is that, my first TRV on my passport is valid for 60 days. If that was the case, if I apply for TRV now (August) and receive it in September, it's likely to expire in November, even before my travel plan. Therefore, I'm thinking about applying later in October, however, the processing time is constantly changing after the pandemic, could be anything between 3 weeks and 3 months, if I apply in October, there's no guarantee that I can receive it before the end of the year....

TRVs are typically issued for several years, usually until passport expiry.

Reactions: neo-mashiro

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

You need to apply for your TRV asap because there is a backlog don’t wait until October. It will likely conincide with the expiry date of your PGWP or expiry date of your passport.

Reactions: neo-mashiro

neo-mashiro

Jul 28, 2019
You need to apply for your TRV asap because there is a backlog don’t wait until October. It will likely conincide with the expiry date of your PGWP or expiry date of your passport.
Thanks, I just submitted the application! Hope they don't have too many applications in the backlog.

Reactions: canuck78