+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long is the Bridging Open Work Permit Valid for?

May 30, 2018
Has anyone recently been granted a Bridging Open Work Permit ? If so, can you please share how long the expiry date is on your recently granted permit? I just want to get an idea of how long it is valid for. Also, once the BOWP is granted can you take that document and ask for an updated SIN?

Thank you !

movais

Sep 10, 2018
Has anyone recently been granted a Bridging Open Work Permit ? If so, can you please share how long the expiry date is on your recently granted permit? I just want to get an idea of how long it is valid for. Also, once the BOWP is granted can you take that document and ask for an updated SIN?

Thank you !
Did you get any answer for this?

May 30, 2018
Did you get any answer for this?
yes, my BOWP was granted for 1 year and I was able to get my SIN renewed from the document. Do you know if my PR is rejected will my BOWP also end the same day or can I still work and legally stay in Canada until my BOWP expires?

movais

Sep 10, 2018
yes, my BOWP was granted for 1 year and I was able to get my SIN renewed from the document. Do you know if my PR is rejected will my BOWP also end the same day or can I still work and legally stay in Canada until my BOWP expires?
I am not sure, but as far i have read online you can work until your BOWP expires. So basically if your PR gets rejected you have another shot of re-apply for express entry. On your permit does it state any condition regarding your PR application?

movais

Sep 10, 2018
and sorry, how long did it take for your BOWP to get approved?

May 30, 2018
I am not sure, but as far i have read online you can work until your BOWP expires. So basically if your PR gets rejected you have another shot of re-apply for express entry. On your permit does it state any condition regarding your PR application?
It just says that “APR Pending”

Saeorl1

Dec 24, 2019
Same question here. I'm confused. My BOWP is valid for 1 year. There's nothing regarding PR in my list of conditions. I have APR in my notes section on the document. I was always told a BOWP is only valid until you get a PR decision so I don't know which expiry date to believe.

Evgeni

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
Richmond
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
11-05-2018
Doc's Request.
03-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-07-2018
Med's Request
03-05-2019
Med's Done....
22-05-2019
I know it is a silly quesiton since it has "open" in its name, but I heard that some people got their BOWP limited to their current emplyer ... is this true in your case ?
Those people was nominated by a province and they have to keep same conditions under they were nominated. They can change job because they got BOWP, but only with approval of PNP authorities.

Reactions: engimam