+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How Long is it taking to receive PR Card these days, anybody got recently??

ali.naeem

May 19, 2010
I am planning to give my landing and stay 42 days in total. Can anyone advice if I did not receive my PR cards within 42 days and return without having PR cards so what will be the risk in this case?

Do we need to show this card during transit and connecting flights while we are returing?

Is there is a way we can explain to landing officer about my suitation so he can put us on pirority?

Kindly advice. Thanks

lepatissier07

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27.11.2010 CSQ 28.10.2011 FED
Doc's Request.
25.05.2011 CSQ
Nomination.....
20.09.2011 CSQ CSQ by Mail 11.10.2011
AOR Received.
11.02.2011 CSQ
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
03.05.2012 AOR
Med's Done....
Interview........
20.09.2011 CSQ
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
hello ali.naeem,

You cannot return to Canada without your PR Card ! Nobody was asking me when boarding, but you have to show it when you arrive!

During connecting flights normally you don't need the card, if you don't change the airline without having to check out/in again!

Explaining this to the officer AFTER you arrived won't help much, never mind the "priority", they possibly won't even let you in. I dont know HOW serious they take this, but i wouldn't risk it.

If you want or have to come back earlier than your card has arrived, you need a "travel document" from your embassy, takes 4-6 weeks.

hope it helps.

muscattocanada

Star Member
May 14, 2011
muscat
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Mar 2010
AOR Received.
APR 2010... 2nd AOR Aug 2010
File Transfer...
july 2010
Med's Request
15th Feb 2012
Med's Done....
5th may 2012
Interview........
wavied
Passport Req..
Dec 18th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
feb 23rd 2013
@ali.naeem
Is there is a way we can explain to landing officer about my suitation so he can put us on pirority?
I have read in many posts that if we mention to the officer that we will be returning after landing ... they wont be processing our PR card ... So better not to mention it ... Give a relatives address on arrival and then when the PR card is ready it will be send to the address mentioned . Then they can courier you..

ali.naeem

May 19, 2010
Thanks for your advice and suggestion.

I want to travel from riyadh to toronto, from here there is no direct flight all are via london to toronto and in summer (July - august) all connecting from London to US & then toronto.

My question is do I need to obtain visa during my transit in london & US while heading towards to toronto?

Please note that during this journey airlines is also getting change.

lepatissier07 said:
hello ali.naeem,

You cannot return to Canada without your PR Card ! Nobody was asking me when boarding, but you have to show it when you arrive!

During connecting flights normally you don't need the card, if you don't change the airline without having to check out/in again!

Explaining this to the officer AFTER you arrived won't help much, never mind the "priority", they possibly won't even let you in. I dont know HOW serious they take this, but i wouldn't risk it.

If you want or have to come back earlier than your card has arrived, you need a "travel document" from your embassy, takes 4-6 weeks.

hope it helps.

ali.naeem

May 19, 2010
Thank you!

I will do the same.

muscattocanada said:
@ ali.naeem
I have read in many posts that if we mention to the officer that we will be returning after landing ... they wont be processing our PR card ... So better not to mention it ... Give a relatives address on arrival and then when the PR card is ready it will be send to the address mentioned . Then they can courier you..

lepatissier07

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
25.05.2011 CSQ
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
11.02.2011 CSQ
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
03.05.2012 AOR
Med's Done....
Interview........
20.09.2011 CSQ
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ali.naeem said:
Thanks for your advice and suggestion.

I want to travel from riyadh to toronto, from here there is no direct flight all are via london to toronto and in summer (July - august) all connecting from London to US & then toronto.

My question is do I need to obtain visa during my transit in london & US while heading towards to toronto?

Please note that during this journey airlines is also getting change.
Any flights via Montreal?

mh...if you change airlines...you shouldnt need a visa if your final destin. is toronto. sry, dont know that one. that depends if you need a visa in general. some countries are visa excempt.

is it a "big change"? i mean, some airlines do codesharing...so, different airlines, but they still work together, like British Airways and American Airlines for example, change of airlines, but luggage will be transferred automatically, since they are affiliated with each other.
Where i came back to Canada from Frankfurt via london, it was british airways to london, then American Airlines to Montreal. that was fine. Another flight was Airtransat to Toronto, pickup luggage and change for Westjet to montreal.

sry, cant help you much with that one.

big change"

lepatissier07

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
25.05.2011 CSQ
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
11.02.2011 CSQ
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
03.05.2012 AOR
Med's Done....
Interview........
20.09.2011 CSQ
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
anuj_juneja2005 said:
hi
i am planning to do a hospitality course from lambton college toronto or a college in vancouver.

i intend to start in the spring intake

what is the average student cost of living in vancouver and toronto?

what is the scope for ODD job opportunities for indian students at cafes, factories, farms and other minimum wages jobs? Do these cities have ample or few job opportunities?

is it possible to cover expenses like travel,food,

accomodation adding upto 1000$ per month by working 20 hours a week

through such jobs?

Please help me with this problem, Because it is already late, i want to start my admission process as soon as possible .
hi there,

it is a bit difficult to answer your question, because it is all relative and depends on the person itself.

There are always jobs available, Toronto and Vancouver are big cities, it depends on what you want to do and how you want to live.
You can always benefit from sharing a flat or house, like most of the students are doing, since their budget is always low. If you want to live alone in your own flat, your costs will obviously be high(er). Restaurants and Coffeeshops, waiter/waitress jobs are still the best, since there's most of the tip which helps in addition to your minimum wage.

hope it helps.

ali.naeem

May 19, 2010
I received below response on my query.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
yes

Privacy/PII

This email is UNCLASSIFIED.

Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 1:26 PM
To: Cons, Riyadh - (Am Citizen Services)
Subject: Traveling Information

Dear Sir,

I have received my Canada visa and landing documents & I am planning to give my landing (with family) in the month of coming July 2013. The flights I am getting from Riyadh are all connected via London to US (Washington DC, New York, and Chicago) and then US to Toronto.

I am holding Pakistani passports; do I need to obtain visas during my transits in US states heading towards Toronto?

Thank you in advance for clarifying this point.

Regards,

lepatissier07 said:
Any flights via Montreal?

mh...if you change airlines...you shouldnt need a visa if your final destin. is toronto. sry, dont know that one. that depends if you need a visa in general. some countries are visa excempt.

is it a "big change"? i mean, some airlines do codesharing...so, different airlines, but they still work together, like British Airways and American Airlines for example, change of airlines, but luggage will be transferred automatically, since they are affiliated with each other.
Where i came back to Canada from Frankfurt via london, it was british airways to london, then American Airlines to Montreal. that was fine. Another flight was Airtransat to Toronto, pickup luggage and change for Westjet to montreal.

sry, cant help you much with that one.

big change"