+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long I need to keep the proof of funds

tanwarkml

Jun 17, 2018
Canada
Hey guys,

I submitted my PR profile at the end of January 2019. I provided a financial statement of six months as my proof of funds. I'm a single applicant (1 family member) and I showed approximately 13K CAD in the account which grew month over month. So let's say first month it was 4K then next month 6K and so on. However, by the end it was 13K

I'm now waiting for a decision on my PR. So far no updates (which also concerns me as it's been more than a month!). I was wondering how long I need to maintain these funds. Can I withdraw some or all of it now?
Does already being present in Canada change the situation?

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Hey guys,

I submitted my PR profile at the end of January 2019. I provided a financial statement of six months as my proof of funds. I'm a single applicant (1 family member) and I showed approximately 13K CAD in the account which grew month over month. So let's say first month it was 4K then next month 6K and so on. However, by the end it was 13K

I'm now waiting for a decision on my PR. So far no updates (which also concerns me as it's been more than a month!). I was wondering how long I need to maintain these funds. Can I withdraw some or all of it now?
Does already being present in Canada change the situation?
Nothing about this is clearly mentioned anywhere in IRCC website. However its highly recommended to keep the minimum funds required safe and only use whatever else till your PR application is approved. Why? Beacuse during application processing you might be asked to provide or update them with new statements to show your balance.

Also , why did you submit only bank statements? Aren't you able to provide a bank letter as required by IRCC ?

Regards