+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How Long For Replacement Card if Expired?

CanuckBoy

Star Member
Jun 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

My wife was granted PR in 2011, we've been out of country since then. She meets residency requirements as I am working overseas. We've delayed a return to Canada due to concerns of travelling during pandemic but looking to re-patriate.

Since her first card is expired we need to get a PRTD on each trip back to Canada. She has one valid until 08/22 ... once we are back in Canada and request a new PR card, how long should we anticipate it will take to process? We will initially stay at my parents but due to real-estate market may then look to rent rather than buy.

Thanks

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello,

My wife was granted PR in 2011, we've been out of country since then. She meets residency requirements as I am working overseas. We've delayed a return to Canada due to concerns of travelling during pandemic but looking to re-patriate.

Since her first card is expired we need to get a PRTD on each trip back to Canada. She has one valid until 08/22 ... once we are back in Canada and request a new PR card, how long should we anticipate it will take to process? We will initially stay at my parents but due to real-estate market may then look to rent rather than buy.

Thanks
No one knows the exact time to get a PR card renew in Aug 2022. (or when you want to return)
Hopefully things are better than and processing speed will be back to normal.

CanuckBoy

Star Member
Jun 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No one knows the exact time to get a PR card renew in Aug 2022. (or when you want to return)
Hopefully things are better than and processing speed will be back to normal.
Sorry it was typo on date - should be Aug 2021 ... was just curious what current timelines look like

sraj07

May 26, 2015
How long it takes to get the PR card in mail ? My PR renewal status is complete and it says the card is mailed on March 23,2021 . But still did not receive my card .I live in GTA . Its been one week since the card is mailed . However my family members got their card . It is strange.

CanuckBoy

Star Member
Jun 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long it takes to get the PR card in mail ? My PR renewal status is complete and it says the card is mailed on March 23,2021 . But still did not receive my card .I live in GTA . Its been one week since the card is mailed . However my family members got their card . It is strange.
Interesting - if I can ask, when did you submit all the renewal papers?

sraj07

May 26, 2015
we all submitted together on Jan 14.All our cards are mailed out last week . Family members got the cards, except me