+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does Quebec take for outland applications?

Catou

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
We seem to be waiting forever to hear back from Quebec after getting approval in principle for sponsorship. The applicant's package has been at the VO for ages and I understand nothing will be done on it until QC makes a decision. I can't find any info on their site for processing times for family class sponsorship - do any of you know how long it usually takes please?

tabarnouche

Aug 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2013
Med's Request
--
Med's Done....
15-08-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 19-03-2014
This won't help answer that question, but I'm in the same boat somewhat. When did you send for your CSQ? Our's was rec'd 9/20/13. Was hoping it wouldn't take more than a month or so to acquire.

tabarnouche

Aug 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2013
Med's Request
--
Med's Done....
15-08-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 19-03-2014
I just found this post -- last update was in June, but from looking through that it seems it usually takes 20-35 days to receive it. Two weeks after the CC is charged is the norm.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/csq-after-sponsorship-approval-for-outland-processingsome-questions-t120254.90.html

tabarnouche

Aug 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2013
Med's Request
--
Med's Done....
15-08-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 19-03-2014
Just checked the mailbox and was pleasantly surprised to find my accepted CSQ!

So

Rec'd 9/20/13
CC charged: 9/26/13
Approval: 10/9/13
Rec'd: 10/15/13

20 days from their receiving to my approval, 25 days total to have the CSQ in my hand.

Catou

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
Thanks so much tabarnouche. Ours was received some weeks before yours but the credit card hasn't been charged yet. I guess they will get around to it sometime and its good to know that the norm is two weeks after they charge the card. Now, I just wish they would hurry up and charge ours!

katgab8789

Nov 2, 2013
Hi tabarnouche and Catou,

as I can see you've already sent your application. I am collecting evidence for our outland conjugal application, under the family class sponsorship.
She is Canadian (QC) and I am Italian. I was wondering if you had knowledge of this kind of application, I mean conjugal...

thanks in advance.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
katgab8789 said:
as I can see you've already sent your application. I am collecting evidence for our outland conjugal application, under the family class sponsorship.
She is Canadian (QC) and I am Italian. I was wondering if you had knowledge of this kind of application, I mean conjugal...
Since you are visa-exempt to Canada, you most definitely do NOT qualify as conjugal. Conjugal is only for people where it is legally impossible to get married or live together for 12 months.

You MUST get married or live 12 months together to become common-law, is you wish to be sponsored.

tabarnouche

Aug 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2013
Med's Request
--
Med's Done....
15-08-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 19-03-2014
I'm afraid Rob is right. You would need to be married or live together for 12 consecutive months in order to apply. In our case, we had a small civil marriage at a courthouse in Quebec, and are following it up with a larger wedding celebration next year with the friends and extended family.

katgab8789

Nov 2, 2013
Sorry for the later reply.
First of all thanks for your reply. I've read quite a lot so far and as far as I understood what you said is right and this is also what the CIC website states many times, but if you will be so kind to read the post titled "Conyugar partner MONTREAL" (I am not allowed to post links!)

Where, quoting:

ou do not need to be married....I don t know why in this forum people try to push you to do so...if there are other categories there s a reason....
Even if is MORE DIFFICULT TO PROVE A COMMON LAW AND CONJUGAL PARTNERSHIP...but do we want to talk about people who get married only for a simple PR card or interest?

I can tell you that when i became permanent resident i was with my boyfriend and we applied as conjugal....also our case was not so strong (so people told me that at the beginning) because being italian (me ) and canadian italian (him) there was actually nothing that stopped us in terms of immigration barrier...but we could not stay more than 6 months in each other countries so we applied as conjugal
we sent a 5 kg package to CIC

more than 200 photos
bills, present receipts, friend s letter, and otjher stuffs like this and result.....

i send my application on dec 10th 2006 and I received my card on april 3rd 2007....
what i want to say

put everything in a CLEAR WAY in your application...all the things that could be important....
and explain how you handled your situation in these days and what your plans are once in canada...explaining why you don t want to get married could be another good point. but not mandatory

but i knew personally cases of people that EVEN MARRIED were refused by CIC because it was a planned wedding....

Which is my case, so I was wondering why? Does anybody know this person, mirkopal? I've seen he/she has been off this forum for quite a long time.

Also you two talked about "visa-exempt ", I've tried to look up on the guide on the CIC website but it is not saying anything about that. The only things I've found was "immigration barrier".

Thanks for your kind reply.

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
Read section 5.44 of the CIC manual which may shed some light on this subject.

www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op02-eng.pdf‎

Catou

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
katgab8789 said:
Where, quoting:

i send my application on dec 10th 2006 and I received my card on april 3rd 2007....
what i want to say
You will create a world of pain for yourselves if you rely on information that is seven years old. Immigration law changes and what was acceptable seven years ago, or even just over a year ago, is no longer relevant. The ONLY rules that matter are the ones that apply now because these are the laws under which you will be applying. Rob gave you the correct advice - you do not qualify as a conjugal relationship.

Visa-exempt means that you do not need to make an application for a visa in order to visit Canada. Because people from countries that are visa-exempt don't have any barriers to visiting their love in Canada and there is no legal barrier to you being together, any conjugal application you make will fail.

katgab8789

Nov 2, 2013
Thank you very much to all of you.

I initially thought it could have worked out but obviously I was wrong. I will probably have either to get married or try to live together for 12 months which means ask for tourist VISA and hope to get a extension.

Thanks a lot again, you all have been very helpful.