+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take to write the citizenship test?

inlimbo2

Jul 3, 2018
I know writing the test takes a half hour but could anyone tell me how long the full process takes. I heard someone say prepare to spend several hours and just want to check as i have another appointment 2hrs later. Safe to keep or should I cancel that? (Edmonton location)

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
I know writing the test takes a half hour but could anyone tell me how long the full process takes. I heard someone say prepare to spend several hours and just want to check as i have another appointment 2hrs later. Safe to keep or should I cancel that? (Edmonton location)
Duration is totally unpredictable. For example in my case there were around forty candidates writing the test and having the interview after.

Timing looked like:
- 20 - 30 minutes waiting to check the ids, get the forms and take the seat
- 10 - 15 to give test instructions and questions forms
- 5 minutes to answer questions and triple check the answers (I was around third or fourth to finish)
- there were three interview officers so I needed to wait just few minutes for an interview which was completed in 5 - 10 minutes

So I was out in under one hour.

But if I would be one of the latest to finish with the test, I would need to wait for an interview much longer - probably hour and half to two hours.

Reactions: inlimbo2 and Raz0r