+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how long does it take to receive CoPR in mail after it's issued? Please help

octskapp

Star Member
Jul 5, 2013
hi all.

I live in Ontario and my app is being processed at ottawa office
I sent an email asking the status of my app and was informed my CoPR was issued by mail on OCT 29.(from visa exempt country) but im still waiting.. does it usually take this long? Or should i be worried that it might be lost in mail?
canadapost said regular mail shouldn't take longer than 3 days.. so probably they just issued CoPR but haven't sent it?

Please share your experience or opinion.
thank you so much

octskapp

Star Member
Jul 5, 2013
octskapp said:
hi all.

I live in Ontario and my app is being processed at ottawa office
I sent an email asking the status of my app and was informed my CoPR was issued by mail on OCT 29.(from visa exempt country) but im still waiting.. does it usually take this long? Or should i be worried that it might be lost in mail?
canadapost said regular mail shouldn't take longer than 3 days.. so probably they just issued CoPR but haven't sent it?

Please share your experience or opinion.
thank you so much
Anyone? Please help

Nesmi

Jul 18, 2013
octskapp said:
Anyone? Please help
Hi Octskapp,
Did you hear something from CIC? I am also waiting for a COPR.
CIC - Ottawa sent me a passport request email on Oct. 31st 2013 and they received a copy of my passport on Nov. 4th 2013.
My ECAS says "Decision Made" since Nov. 2nd 2013. It's been more than two weeks since CIC received my document.
I should call CIC to find out where is my COPR.

Thanks!
Nesmi

pocklecod

Jan 22, 2014
Have the two of you heard anything or gotten your COPR? I got final word to send copies of my passport (visa exempt country) on Dec. 6--did so immediately, now haven't heard anything in over two months. CIC did not answer my e-mail, call center told me there is no way for them to get the info from Ottawa-Pilot and there's no number I can have.

There seems to be absolutely no information about how long this very final stage of the process is supposed to take. I'm going nuts! Have things worked out for you guys yet?