+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take to have a Passport Request?

LENLAC

Aug 13, 2017
Good day! I received a confirmation on Nov.23, 2017 that my husband’s application for permanent residence was already in visa office Manila for further processing. Is this the passport request? Or how long should I wait before the passport request? Because it’s been more than 2 weeks and I didn’t receive any updates after that confirmation. Thank you!

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
That means theyve received the application there. They will do their checks and reviews. Will take time. No one can say definitively when you will get the passport request. Seems like youre in the beginning stages

LENLAC

Aug 13, 2017
That means theyve received the application there. They will do their checks and reviews. Will take time. No one can say definitively when you will get the passport request. Seems like youre in the beginning stages
Medical and eveything was done and it was forwarded for visa processing already so I was wondering if it will take long time.

Jaywill

Oct 14, 2017
Medical and eveything was done and it was forwarded for visa processing already so I was wondering if it will take long time.
Depends on so many factors(what visa office, country of origin, is app straightforward, how complex is background check, are there red flags in the relationship etc) i see some finish here 2 months after going to the vo, but also many more that take 6+ months

LENLAC

Aug 13, 2017
Depends on so many factors(what visa office, country of origin, is app straightforward, how complex is background check, are there red flags in the relationship etc) i see some finish here 2 months after going to the vo, but also many more that take 6+ months
6 mos is pretty long though. Visa Office is in Manila. I passed the spousal sponsorship this September week 3, on Ontario. approved on October, Medical on November as well as other documents and on November 23rd, I received a confirmation that the application is already forwarded to Manila. Thank you!

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
6 mos is pretty long though. Visa Office is in Manila. I passed the spousal sponsorship this September week 3, on Ontario. approved on October, Medical on November as well as other documents and on November 23rd, I received a confirmation that the application is already forwarded to Manila. Thank you!
I was approved as a sponsor in march file forwarded to vo in may and im still waiting for ppr. No one can tell you unfortunately exactly when youll get it.

CaroM8

Feb 26, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
26/09/2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016 - SA:25/10/2016 - AOR2: 22/12/16
File Transfer...
25/10/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
11-10-2017
LANDED..........
14-11-2017
Then you have to be patient. You are just in the beginning of the process. Our whole application from beginning to end took just over 12 months.. sure some get it faster, but others take longer. I’d say you have a good 4-6 months of waiting at the very least.

Reactions: ahmedwaly

jenco

Star Member
Dec 31, 2017
Sam
Same here! any update of your husband application? Tnx!

jenco

Star Member
Dec 31, 2017
Same here! Any update of your husband application?

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Then you have to be patient. You are just in the beginning of the process. Our whole application from beginning to end took just over 12 months.. sure some get it faster, but others take longer. I’d say you have a good 4-6 months of waiting at the very least.
Agree with this.

6 months is not pretty long in IRCC standards unfortunately. The estimate is 12 months from when they received your file. So, when it hits September 2018 and you don’t get the request, that is the time to start following up.

Reactions: ahmedwaly

ahmedwaly

Nov 19, 2016
Those who get PPR after 6 months are considered lucky as most exceed the 6 months also others exceed the year.
You are too early to start counting just forget about it and let them do the work, ps there are some still waiting since 2016

ahmedwaly

Nov 19, 2016
Agree with you , as we are than considered super patient, by the way CIC even not like inquires after 12 months but they can not ignore it as before the 12 months timeline .

jenco

Star Member
Dec 31, 2017
LENLAC@ same here! Everything was done, waiting my ppr also, any update of your husband application?