+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take to get VISA to Canada if have work permit on hand?

ak47zaq

Jan 25, 2016
Hello people, first of all, YES, I checked CIC processing time, it saids 9 days, for Visitor Visa applying from China.

but my girlfriend applied her new VISA at Apr 5, 2018, now is Apr 25. She didn't hear anything or receive any emails. She called the Canada visa office in Beijing and they told her it normally will be 10 to 12 days, but it's been 20 days already.

Her situation is that she got her work permit last year July, so she decided to go back home for a small vacation then come back to work, but during the vacation, her grandma got very sick, almost couldn't make it. so she stayed longer to be company with her beloved grandma. She was originally planned to come back Canada in October 2017, then it delayed to Mar 2018 because of her grandma's illness. Then she realize that her VISA was expired on Feb, 2018. So she has to apply a new VISA to come back Canada. She's pretty sure that she got all the documents right, and she applyed online. so it really shouldn't be that slow in my opinion.

I understand that most people just stayed in Canada to work after they got their post graduate work permit and never leave until they got their PR, which is exactly what I did couple years ago, so most people never had issues with VISA when they had their work permit.

so I'm here to ask if any people have samilar experience as my girlfriend does? What's your time of waiting on your new VISA to come back Canada? Is there any way to make it quicker? I really miss her from every cornor of my heart. The empty house looks even more sad without her inside it after I came home from work every day.

Guys, please help me, any information will be appreciate a lot!

Thank you very much up front.

martian7

May 7, 2018
It took about 2 weeks last time we did that at the Beijing office. It seems the visa offices are stuck with applications now, even from within Canada it's stuck at April 12...no updates for 3 weeks now.