+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take to get entry to Canada as a skilled immigrant?

spiderman

Oct 19, 2007
If I apply today when is the earliest I can be in Canada? I don't have a job offer yet. I'm an Indian software professional.

Libra

Jun 8, 2007
Please check the link below from CIC (Citizenship and Immigration Canada); look for New Delhi, which is under the column that says "Processing Times at Individual Visa Offices in Asia and Pacific" and go across to rows - they start from when 30% of the cases are finalized to when 80% of the cases are finalized. As you can see the completion of the Permanent Resident Applications from New Delhi for the Federal Skilled Workers' Program range from 66 months to 71 months. It is best to go with 80% of the cases. You then do the math - 12 months make a year:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/02a-skilled-fed.asp

The processing time may be shorter for a Provincial Nominee Application - please check with the CIC website for this.

spiderman said:
If I apply today when is the earliest I can be in Canada? I don't have a job offer yet. I'm an Indian software professional.