+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take to get citizenship e certificate after the oath

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
My oath is likely going to be on Friday August 18. I am planning to travel to Canada from August 17, returning August 20 (Thursday to Sunday). I am hoping I get my ecert the same day as oath, so I can apply for passport by mail and then return to US.

I know it probably varies, but for Mississauga office, generally how long does it take for the e-certificate to be downloadable?

novoiceplus

Star Member
May 4, 2020
My oath is likely going to be on Friday August 18. I am planning to travel to Canada from August 17, returning August 20 (Thursday to Sunday). I am hoping I get my ecert the same day as oath, so I can apply for passport by mail and then return to US.

I know it probably varies, but for Mississauga office, generally how long does it take for the e-certificate to be downloadable?
I was in similar condition and got mine in 40 mins after oath.

Here is what you can do to get it faster
1. Prepare your oath form already and try signing it digitally as they have explained in oath email PDF and get it ready in draft to send as soon as ceremony ends.
2. During your Pre-registration clerk will ask you if you are travelling, you can inform you are travelling really soon and want to apply for passport so if you can get it the same day that would be great.

I did and many others have done the same. Our office was vancouver which is really fast and considerate of requests like this.

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore

1. Prepare your oath form already and try signing it digitally as they have explained in oath email PDF and get it ready in draft to send as soon as ceremony ends.
2. During your Pre-registration clerk will ask you if you are travelling, you can inform you are travelling really soon and want to apply for passport so if you can get it the same day that would be great.

I did and many others have done the same. Our office was vancouver which is really fast and considerate of requests like this.
This is incredibly helpful. Thanks very much.

I too have heard how Vancouver office is fast at dispatching citizenship certificates. I am with Missisauga office. I Hope they are not too far behind.

neondino

Jan 3, 2018

Did you have to show your travel booking or is it just a case of saying "I'm travelling soon"? I'm wanting to travel ASAP after getting my citizenship but I've held off booking so I'm not booked during whenever the ceremony lands.

novoiceplus

Star Member
May 4, 2020
No Proof of travel for oath but if you want next day passport you need to show proof of travel. I had my own written letter explaining I have meeting in Seattle and I am travelling by Car so no flight booking etc

Reactions: ppcg2510

neondino

Jan 3, 2018
No Proof of travel for oath but if you want next day passport you need to show proof of travel. I had my own written letter explaining I have meeting in Seattle and I am travelling by Car so no flight booking etc
Great, thanks! I'm fine waiting the couple of weeks for a passport, I just don't want the six weeks for the cert then the passport on top of that, so being able to tell the clerk that that's great.

Reactions: novoiceplus

sam9899

Feb 15, 2021

Hi,

I am having trouble with getting into the IRCC portal to download the e-certificate. I have not received the "invite code" - where can I get this from?

ppcg2510

Star Member
Nov 8, 2019
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
27-04-2018
AOR Received.
27-06-2018
Med's Request
21-10-2019
Med's Done....
06-11-2019
Passport Req..
24-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2020
LANDED..........
08-02-2020
Hi, do you remember if you created the account for the e certificate before or after the oath ? I have gotten the ecert invite email before my oath date (august 24) including the code. I wonder if it makes any difference if I create my account now (before oath) or after oath.
I have my oath aug 24 and a trip (vacations with girlfriend and her family by car) aug 28, I have mostly no hope of making it in time but will my best to make if my ecert is available quickly.

novoiceplus

Star Member
May 4, 2020
Hi, do you remember if you created the account for the e certificate before or after the oath ? I have gotten the ecert invite email before my oath date (august 24) including the code. I wonder if it makes any difference if I create my account now (before oath) or after oath.
I have my oath aug 24 and a trip (vacations with girlfriend and her family by car) aug 28, I have mostly no hope of making it in time but will my best to make if my ecert is available quickly.
Yes I created it before the oath only. Though it does not make any difference, my friend was able to download in 3 hrs and he created his account after oath

Reactions: ppcg2510

ppcg2510

Star Member
Nov 8, 2019
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
27-04-2018
AOR Received.
27-06-2018
Med's Request
21-10-2019
Med's Done....
06-11-2019
Passport Req..
24-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2020
LANDED..........
08-02-2020
Yes I created it before the oath only. Though it does not make any difference, my friend was able to download in 3 hrs and he created his account after oath
Thanks for your reply ! Appreciate you replying to messages even after your process is done !!

Reactions: novoiceplus