+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take to get a study visa under SDS

Canada2107

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
hello guys, does anyone who has applied after may 2019 for student permit inside canada already received any answer from IRCC? I applied online for student visa on may 8th and now it's been 42 days without any update from IRCC, even though the website shows 33 days to process. Should I be worried about it?

wmw_MTL19

May 28, 2019
I had submitted my application (SDS online) on 18th June 2019
  • got biometrics instruction letter on 19th June 2019
  • submitted biometrics at VFS Chennai on 20th June 2019 (was updated the same day online)
No updates since then. However, I have a complication: I had finished my upfront medicals in May 2019, in Chennai. I received my eMedical Information Sheet as well but I did not upload this in the Client Information section of my application. Will this pose problems or will the VO be able to access my eMedical records by my name/passport number/ DOB ?
I have explained this situation to them in an IRCC Webform and have uploaded the eMedical information sheet alongside the webform.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
I had submitted my application (SDS online) on 18th June 2019
  • got biometrics instruction letter on 19th June 2019
  • submitted biometrics at VFS Chennai on 20th June 2019 (was updated the same day online)
No updates since then. However, I have a complication: I had finished my upfront medicals in May 2019, in Chennai. I received my eMedical Information Sheet as well but I did not upload this in the Client Information section of my application. Will this pose problems or will the VO be able to access my eMedical records by my name/passport number/ DOB ?
I have explained this situation to them in an IRCC Webform and have uploaded the eMedical information sheet alongside the webform.
You are supposed to upload the eMedical form in your application; you have done the right thing by sending a webform. They should update your application with the eMedical, however you might face delays due to that.

Reactions: wmw_MTL19