+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take to get a study visa under SDS

Kenny76

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
You seem to have submitted a lot of documents for SDS stream. Sometimes having a lot of documents can cause issues. In the new rules you only need to upload the 1 year tuition fees receipt, and the 10,000 CAD. Don't put too many financial documents and cause confusion for the visa officer. The more documents you upload the more issues can be found out. If you are planning to have dependants accompanying you, then you will have to file a separate application for them and include the financial proofs for them in that.

With regards to my SBI loan, it is almost at the final stages. I will have to meet my branch bank manager and if there are no queries then I will have to head to the regional office as well.

Yeah, I think that is the mistake I did to include all documents in my wife's file where as I should have done it in my son's file. Another problem was the pre-sanction letter. I should have known better. I will be logging it again tomorrow as I am waiting for May Payslip to add in my son's file.

Best of luck for your loan and visa. You have been really helpful to everybody here.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Yeah, I think that is the mistake I did to include all documents in my wife's file where as I should have done it in my son's file. Another problem was the pre-sanction letter. I should have known better. I will be logging it again tomorrow as I am waiting for May Payslip to add in my son's file.

Best of luck for your loan and visa. You have been really helpful to everybody here.
Thanks, my loan fingers crossed should be done by Tuesday or Wednesday. Best of luck in your application, hope it gets through.

Reactions: Kenny76

Bhawnap

Dec 1, 2018
In how many days can a person get to know whether his application is rejected or accepted for non sds applicant applying from India?
I applied on 1st May under SDS and got mail regarding rejection of my visa on 11th May so it took hardly 11 days . Now I have reapplied on 30 th June and still waiting for some response . Online status says ' we are reviewing whether you meet eligibility requirement and "We are processing your background check"
No idea how long will it take.

Kenny76

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
I applied on 1st May under SDS and got mail regarding rejection of my visa on 11th May so it took hardly 11 days . Now I have reapplied on 30 th June and still waiting for some response . Online status says ' we are reviewing whether you meet eligibility requirement and "We are processing your background check"
No idea how long will it take.
3rd June or 30th June? :)

Kenny76

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
probably this time it has possibility of acceptance :) what all they check in background check and eligibility check?
One thing I have realized, there is no pattern on which IIRC works. 50+ old year guys got student visas whereas young guys were denied even after everything completed. correspondence letter before medical after medical doesn't matter. Its depend on individual VO, how he looks and handles your case. I think luck plays the biggest part..

Aksh2010k

Jun 13, 2019
Hi,
I have applied for study permit under SDS on 24th April 2019. I got re-medicals on 11 June and given them today on 13th June. Everything in medical test was given normal. when can i except my visa?

Please reply me

Sandeepk4

Star Member
Mar 14, 2019
You can send a webform enquiry to IRCC.
Hey dude!!
Please help
I applied on 29th April under university category online from India
Biometric on 1st May
On june 13 I received a mail stating that my application number is changed due to administrative error and they also send me new biometric instruction letter
Don’t know why this is happening
Kindly help!!