+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take to add a name to an unnamed LMO?

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
logxy said:
omg so long
I just called them again yesterday afternoon. They told me that their processing time fluctuates a bit and at one point, it was 25 business days rather than 15.

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
Hi stopDA,

yeah its expected since its summer time and many of their employees on vacation,just be patient you should get it soon.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadavisa13 said:
Hi stopDA,

yeah its expected since its summer time and many of their employees on vacation,just be patient you should get it soon.
Great, more foot-dragging as usual. My patience is exhausted at this point. Why does Service Canada have to lie so much though? They should tell the truth about their processing times from the get-go rather than giving lowball estimates all the time. Every time we call to ask for LMO processing times, they say 7 - 8 weeks when it can easily take twice as long. For naming LMOs, they state 5 - 10 business days on the official website (and say 15 business days over the phone), yet it's taken longer than this. I've had enough lies. Government of Canada, please start being honest.

disappointed10

Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2014
Med's Done....
13-12-2014
Passport Req..
august 19 2015
I told u, mine took almost 7 weeks, blows my mind specially it states in their website before its only 5 business days

Kiwisteph

Star Member
Sep 28, 2013
It seems they can get away with it because who is going to do a performance/service check on the govt and they know we will just wait because we have no other choice.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
disappointed10 said:
I told u, mine took almost 7 weeks, blows my mind specially it states in their website before its only 5 business days
Damn, I really hope that mine doesn't take that long. That's almost as much time as it takes to get a normal LMO for some people.

Kiwisteph said:
It seems they can get away with it because who is going to do a performance/service check on the govt and they know we will just wait because we have no other choice.
Indeed. They get to drag their feet as much as they want while we just have to sit back, suck it up and resign ourselves to the long wait. However, the thing I'm mainly concerned about is their falsely-stated timeline. They should just tell us the real processing time from the very beginning so that we can know how long we have to wait. There's really no need to be dishonest about processing times.

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
So is it safe to assume that because of the higher unemployment rate in Alberta, the process time is less? My visa expires sept 5th and I'm hoping it gets approved by then! eeeeeek

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jaybakerca said:
So is it safe to assume that because of the higher unemployment rate in Alberta, the process time is less? My visa expires sept 5th and I'm hoping it gets approved by then! eeeeeek
Higher unemployment rate in Alberta?

logxy

Jun 25, 2014
jaybakerca said:
assume what? you don't have any evidence to support the assumption

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's Friday again. So that's one more week gone without me receiving my named LMO. Anyway, I called up Service Canada and asked them what's taking so damn long (not necessarily using those exact words). They said that it's really a matter of sorting out papers and organizing them. They get all sorts of faxes on a daily basis and spend a great deal of time sorting them out and placing them in queues before actually looking at them. If an LMO-naming process is taking too long, they said that they advise employers to follow up rather than waiting around for an answer. That way, they'll check your file and then email the appropriate people to speed things up and get done within the next 5 business days. If I don't have an LMO in my hands within the next 7 days, then I'll tell my employer what Service Canada told me and see how things pan out then.

dh5689

Aug 20, 2014
Hey! stopDA, i am in the same situation like you, i send an application for adding a name on july 11...but haven't got anything yet..did u get anything from service canada??..they said there are so many unnamed LMO were suspended due to moratorium and they still suspended, so they will send an email to TFW supervisor for make them unsuspended... :mad: :( :(..as per my opinion, they want those unnamed positive valid LMOs expire..so they can give us final answer like your LMO is expire , so you can't get work permit on expire LMO..this is really annoying.. :mad: :(