+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take to add a name to an unnamed LMO?

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Now that the moratorium is over, my name is being added to my employer's open LMO (approved just a few days before the moratorium). The names will be sent off by the end of this week if they haven't already been sent off. How long would it take before I get the LMO in my name? ESDC says that it takes 5 - 10 business days, but I find it hard to trust that timeline. Every time I called ESDC in the past to ask for LMO processing times, they always said 7 - 8 weeks. As we all know, LMOs take significantly longer than that to get. Has anyone else recently gotten their name added to an open LMO? If so, how long did it take?

sujani

Aug 6, 2011
hi, i am having the same positon, my employer has preapproved lmo and vl be sending it for futhur approval by adding my name to it.. yes u were right we cannot trust the processing times and according to my frnd who got his preapproved lmo recently told me that it took him 25-30 days to just add name to it!!!

all the best!!!

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sujani said:
hi, i am having the same positon, my employer has preapproved lmo and vl be sending it for futhur approval by adding my name to it.. yes u were right we cannot trust the processing times and according to my frnd who got his preapproved lmo recently told me that it took him 25-30 days to just add name to it!!!

all the best!!!
Well that's just great (sarcasm; Seven Psychopaths-style). Anyway, thanks for giving me the heads-up on their processing time. I knew it would probably take that long.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OK, so I just called Service Canada today and they told me that it now takes 15 business days to put a name on an LMO.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, I've waited 5 business days so far and there's still nothing. Let's see if Service Canada actually lives up to its 15-day (business day) deadline. Just two more weeks.

disappointed10

Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2014
Med's Done....
13-12-2014
Passport Req..
august 19 2015
Mine took 7 weeks dont keep ur hopes up :)

ashleycass30

Star Member
Feb 5, 2014
stopDA said:
Now that the moratorium is over, my name is being added to my employer's open LMO (approved just a few days before the moratorium). The names will be sent off by the end of this week if they haven't already been sent off. How long would it take before I get the LMO in my name? ESDC says that it takes 5 - 10 business days, but I find it hard to trust that timeline. Every time I called ESDC in the past to ask for LMO processing times, they always said 7 - 8 weeks. As we all know, LMOs take significantly longer than that to get. Has anyone else recently gotten their name added to an open LMO? If so, how long did it take?
i remember my employer put my name in an open lmo last year and it took 15 days...

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ashleycass30 said:
i remember my employer put my name in an open lmo last year and it took 15 days...
Which province was the LMO for and how long ago was this? Was it like November of last year or January of last year?

disappointed10

Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2014
Med's Done....
13-12-2014
Passport Req..
august 19 2015
Im in alberta and it was last October, its an unnamed lmo, just needed to put my name on it and confirmed it by service canada but took 7 weeks its so disappointing at that point actually coz i thought it would be like a week or two

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
disappointed10 said:
Im in alberta and it was last October, its an unnamed lmo, just needed to put my name on it and confirmed it by service canada but took 7 weeks its so disappointing at that point actually coz i thought it would be like a week or two
Well, I'm hoping that was just an Alberta thing. My job is in BC. I was told that it takes a maximum of 15 business days (21+ real days if you count weekends and holidays) and I would really like to have my LMO within that time frame. This is actually more on par with the 25- 30 estimate that the other guy posted.

disappointed10

Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2014
Med's Done....
13-12-2014
Passport Req..
august 19 2015
If its in BC it will take longer i guess, they have high unemployment rate, if ur in alberta they need workers here but not much in BC specially in fast food , i thought ur going to Saskatchewan lol

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
disappointed10 said:
If its in BC it will take longer i guess, they have high unemployment rate, if ur in alberta they need workers here but not much in BC specially in fast food , i thought ur going to Saskatchewan lol
My job is in the northern part of BC where the unemployment rate is consistently low. BC handles applications for the Yukon, Saskatchewan and Manitoba as well. SK and MB have consistently low unemployment rates too. They need workers just as much as Alberta does. My Saskatchewan LMO was rejected a few days after my BC one unexpectedly came through. Therefore, I'm going to BC instead. With the new rule changes, I think it's best to stick with this one and try to get to Canada and become a PR as soon as possible before they start closing off immigration programs for TFWs. We're under attack on all fronts nowadays.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So, last Friday had officially made 15 business days since my name was submitted. Now we'll see if Service Canada tells the truth about its processing times, or if they just low-balled us again with their stated processing time.

logxy

Jun 25, 2014
stopDA said:
So, last Friday had officially made 15 business days since my name was submitted. Now we'll see if Service Canada tells the truth about its processing times, or if they just low-balled us again with their stated processing time.
omg so long