+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take for R10?

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all I'm submitting tomorrow. Quick question on how long it takes to get R10 so I can apply for BOWP. I ask as my Visa expires on 27 June.

Thanks for all replies.

daomingli

Jan 25, 2016
JoacRy said:
Hi all I'm submitting tomorrow. Quick question on how long it takes to get R10 so I can apply for BOWP. I ask as my Visa expires on 27 June.

Thanks for all replies.
do you know in which stage they call it R10? I did some research and got super confused by now....

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I believe R10 is the Visa Officers confirmation that everything you have submitted is ok and they don't need anything further in terms of documentation from the PR applicant.

cjs

Nov 13, 2015
In my opinion when BG check changes from IN progress to not needed this time. That means first check is completed. and file is in queue for second check. This is just my opinion, there is nothing to prove it.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
they never tell you when you pass that stage, people only find out when they order their GCMS notes and see it there. But mine was passed in just over a month from when I submitted. you have loads of time, you can literally apply for BOWP the day before your permit expires and be fine.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
According to this post by someone who talked to a CIC call centre agent, it normally should not take more than 18 weeks; after 18 weeks, you can call the call centre to check your GCMS notes to confirm:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/those-who-had-aor-in-april-and-applied-from-inside-canada-discuss-here-t311633.0.html;msg4512358#msg4512358

Considering that paper-based applications take 3 months to R10, it really should take less time than that for electronic applications.

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
Does anyone know what form to fill to apply BOWP online?
I'm filling it online and it asked for form IMM5710, proof of medical exam, passport and digital photo. There is no option to upload AOR

Eucalyptus

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2016
AOR Received.
02-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
manidhatt said:
I'm filling it online and it asked for form IMM5710, proof of medical exam, passport and digital photo. There is no option to upload AOR
I don't believe it asks you for the AOR. They can use your UCI number or some other form of identification to track your application progress. That's how they know whether your application has passed the check.

JosephAsk

Jan 12, 2016
manidhatt said:
You should attach your AOR and your present work permit in the section "Letter of Explanation".

I did the same thing when applying for my BOWP online.

EE profile opened: October 29, 2015
ITA received: January 13, 2016
App submitted: February 01, 2016
AOR received: February 01, 2016

daomingli

Jan 25, 2016
JosephAsk said:
You should attach your AOR and your present work permit in the section "Letter of Explanation".

I did the same thing when applying for my BOWP online.

EE profile opened: October 29, 2015
ITA received: January 13, 2016
App submitted: February 01, 2016
AOR received: February 01, 2016

nope, AOR apprently does not mean you passed R10. Mine BOWP got rejected after AOR...

Fate69

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
I am going to send out ONIP files next week. I am an inland CEC, so the best bet is that I could get my nomination in May, and receive my invitation from EE in May or early JUN. My PGWP will expire in the middle of June, so If I don't apply at that time, I may not able to apply it at all. Not sure one month is enough for passing R-10 :'( Any suggestions?

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fate69 said:
I am going to send out ONIP files next week. I am an inland CEC, so the best bet is that I could get my nomination in May, and receive my invitation from EE in May or early JUN. My PGWP will expire in the middle of June, so If I don't apply at that time, I may not able to apply it at all. Not sure one month is enough for passing R-10 :'( Any suggestions?
As far as I know, R10 only applies to CIC applications. The PNP's are a totally different process altogether.

If my knowledge is correct, PNP is all 'paper-based' applications right? In this case I don't know if the PNP's have an 'R10' equivalent. Can someone who has gone through the PNP process please tell me if I'm wrong?

Fate69

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
JoacRy said:
As far as I know, R10 only applies to CIC applications. The PNP's are a totally different process altogether.

If my knowledge is correct, PNP is all 'paper-based' applications right? In this case I don't know if the PNP's have an 'R10' equivalent. Can someone who has gone through the PNP process please tell me if I'm wrong?
ONIP only gives you 600 points, so you can get an invitation immediately after the next draw. You need to go through EE's system, so R-10 is still relevant.

Jaiveer Singh

Aug 22, 2013
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fate69 said:
ONIP only gives you 600 points, so you can get an invitation immediately after the next draw. You need to go through EE's system, so R-10 is still relevant.
Is it true when we passed our R10, we will receive 2nd AOR? i have read this in many posts